Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Two more Valentis off the workbench! #004 & #005

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Nick man, Jul 17, 2004.

1. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Re-posted because of questionable content and advertising practices. I didnt want to bring bad press to someone by my own idependant actions.

I want to state that I am not being compensated by Nino for spreading word on his basses. The only thing I get from this is personal satisfaction from helping out a budy. I want you guys to know about it so it doesnt stay my little secret.

Id like to apologise to Nino, the Mods, and the rest of the Tbers who I might have hurt with my last thread. Nino doesnt deserve the bad press and Im not connected with him in any way other than being a customer. Mods, sorry for the extra hassle. Let me know if there is anything else I can do. TB, sorry if the post offended some of you. I hate SPAM too. Sorry to those who posted questions in the other thread. Ill try to answer them here again. Now lets admire some basses and get some GAS. ;)

Nino-Brown does it again!

Check out the two newest Valenti basses!

#004 5 string Deluxe Jazz bass
    -Swamp Ash Body
    -Zebrawood Laminated Top
    -Maple neck with Pau Ferro fretboard
    -EMG CS Jazz Pickups and Aguilar OBP-1 preamp

[​IMG]

He's still waiting on the knobs for this one but says they should be in soon.

The price is pretty attractive too. Check with Nino-Brown on that.

Nino does incrdible work.

Im pretty curious to hear those Jazz pickups. The CS models are supposed to be warmer sounding than standard and from what I hear are really nice. Im getting the TW pickups in my next one which are CS pickups that can be switched from single coil to humbucker so its more than detached curiosity. Anyone have info on these?

The next one if probably more for the "classic" guys.

#005 Vintage Style P bass
    -1 Peice Swamp Ash Body
    -Transparent Blue Finish
    -Maple neck with Maple fretboard
    -BassLine 1/4 Pound P Pickup
    -Black Pearl Pickguard

[​IMG]

My Valenti 4 string jazz is my main bass and I have no doubt that my 5 string will be once that comes in.

This guy is great to deal with and deserves the support.

PM or e-mail Nino for more info.

Peace
    Nick

PS: Check out his other work.

2. Brian Barrett

Brian Barrett

Nov 25, 2001
    Murfreesboro, TN (Nashville)
    Dealer LowEndBassShop.com, Builder LowEndBasses.com
    The Zebra looks good!

Sorry I missed the excitement in the last thread.......

3. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    For Incognito and James:

In the other thread you were commenting on the 5 inline vs 4+1 headstock. James mentioned that Warmoth only does 5 inline.

Nino offers both and Im not sure if its through a special agreement or what. Im actually getting 4 +1 and Im only waiting on the neck because Warmoth accidentaly made and sent a 5 inline instead of the ordered headstock.

4. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Trust me it wasnt anything big.

I think most of it came from the combination of the posted prices, my history as a Valenti fan, and my language.

I reverted back to Guitar Center salesman mode which I thought I abandoned when I left the store last December. Some people assumed I work for Nino or was getting paid for this. It did sound like it from my language even though thats not the case.

5. Brian Barrett

Brian Barrett

Nov 25, 2001
    sooooo your saying your available ;)

I need an undercover agent, I'll match Nino's offer :D

6. sargebaker

sargebaker Commercial User

May 2, 2004
    Montreal QC CA
    owner/builder, ISLAND Instrument Mfg.
    salseman or not that P bass rocked! And you convinced me to consider Nino for my next bass which funds permitting should be around Christmas or March at the latest and if my Carvin sucks in about a month form now :p Either way I hope to be doing business with Nino in the nearish future! :hyper:

7. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Usually Id laugh but in light of the other thread its not too funny. Im not for sale.

8. Brian Barrett

Brian Barrett

Nov 25, 2001
    sorry I missed the other thread.... :bag:

well maybe post a few of my Jazz basses and Roger's and then Nino's, keep it mixed up :D

9. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Ive never played one of those and the only experiences Ive had with Sadowsky was ordering strings and Nino happened to be the one to take my call so that kinda makes that experience a little hard to categorize.

Im posting about basses I believe in because of my personal experiences.

10. Tim__x

Tim__x

Aug 13, 2002
    Alberta, Canada
    Might want to check that again.
    [​IMG]

11. Brian Barrett

Brian Barrett

Nov 25, 2001
    I was just joking around Nick, its cool. I totally understand posting what you believe in and trying to show people the instruments. I love seeing pictures of different basses and New works of art by builder's.

don't let what ever happen before get you down.

Show some new pics and keep the thread rolling!

12. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Sorry if my post seemed harsh. You just caught me at a bad time. I know what you mean about checking out other stuff, just check out one of your most recent threads.

13. I'm still drolling over that P-bass

14. Arthur U. Poon

Arthur U. Poon

Jan 30, 2004
    SLC, Utah -USA-
    Endorsing Artist: Mike Lull Custom Basses
    Same here! :bassist:

15. AJ Love

AJ Love

Oct 8, 2002
    Madison WI USA
    because I am interested in someday purchasing a Valenti bass, I am wondering what sets Valenti basses apart from other Warmoth basses? perhaps there are some "tricks of the trade" that Nino has learned while working at Sadowsky Guitars? perhaps all the extra experience he has had building Warmoth basses. I do know that Aguilar pre-amps are my favorite pre-amp these days (along with Sadowsky) and I like the parts Nino seems to be putting on his basses...

16. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    I used to work at Guitar Center and as such I saw a lot of different guitars come and go.

I have played a few (I cant remember if it was 2, 3, or 4) Warmoth parts guitars and I own a Valenti. At leastone was assembled by the customer who had no experience beyond basic setup, one was assembled by our store's tech who was quite experienced and served as Ricky Martin's guitarists official tech and was the official tech of the Latin Grammys. I believe there was at least one more assembled by another local tech.

From playing these guitars (not basses) I got a good impression of how much the builder has to do with it. They all had obviously high quality parts but the one that was assembled by the guy with barely any experience played poorly and didnt sound too good either. I the one put together by my store's tech played and sounded pretty damn good. I would rank it just around MIA Fenders. It still wasnt anything special aside from the fact that it was "custom."

When Nino sold me his used shoreline gold jazz bass he told me I had 5 days to try it out and tell him if I wanted to keep it. I put it up against the basses in the store and my basses at home and it flat out beat them with the exception of a $2000 Pedulla. It really just felt and sounded right. It was more than just the parts that contributed to it. The assembly made it feel high quality as a whole, instead of just high quality parts.

I dont want to get too into it and I think I might have already as some people feel like Im spamming. If you want more PM me or message me on AIM (smellslikeseatle). Im almost always online.

EDIT: If you own a bass assembled by Nino or have in the past Id really apreciate if you posted. I know there are at least 3 other TBers who have had their hands on some of his stuff. Im in an awkward position in regards to speaking about his basses but Im one of the only guys who owns one so If you can please participate in this thread.

17. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    I want to point out that I have not played any Lull, Lakland, or Sadowsky basses.

Im often asked to compare them to those and I cant for lack of experience. I plan on bringing my Valenti's with me to Bass Central to A-B test them sometime soon.

18. AJ Love

AJ Love

Oct 8, 2002
    Madison WI USA
    cool. my thinking is that as great as the Valenti basses look, it'd be tough to pull the trigger on one when a Sadowsky Metro is only $400-$600 more. Same with a Mike Lull or an Eshenbaugh. All 3 of those basses are GREAT basses. Not saying the Valenti bass isn't though. I do like the Custom options one can get through Nino too

its just a VERY competitive price-range, thats all, with a ton of great basses available in that price range especially when you factor in the various used Boutique/High End basses that can be had in the $1200-$1400 range

someday I plan on getting a Valenti bass though. the 5 day approval period makes it a no pressure thing

19. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    I know I said Id be going to sleep now and I will. ;)

Im not sure if the 5 day aproval thing is standard for him. He did that in the case where I bought his used bass, but that was a different circumstance. You should check that out with him.

20. AJ Love

AJ Love

Oct 8, 2002
    Madison WI USA
    looks like the 5 day approval period is standard (from looking at his website)