Two NBD since I last posted on here...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by fourstringgirl, Jul 16, 2019.

1. IMG_20190328_172855239.jpg Finally pulled the trigger on the Fender Steve Harris bass back in March. Love everything about it except maybe the weight!

Also got a 1996 MIM P off Reverb. Slapped an Omega bridge on it ASAP. Got a new wiring harness and SPB 3 to go in it as well. IMG_20190328_172855239.jpg IMG_20190715_234403844.jpg

Last edited: Jul 16, 2019
    Crusher47, Ghastly, cratz2 and 21 others like this.
  2. The title promised two...

3. I'm trying to navigate this page on my phone!

Ghastly likes this.
  4. Anyway! I guess TalkBass loves the Harris bass so much it posted the pic twice! Sorry!

Wisebass and PlatoFunFactory like this.
  5. Two beautiful basses! Congrats!

fourstringgirl likes this.
  6. Slater

Slater Leave that thing alone.

Apr 17, 2000
    The Great Lakes State
    Cool basses. :cool: I’ve always liked the Steve Harris sig. :thumbsup:

At first glance, I thought you put a funky pickguard on the Steve Harris. Then, I noticed the rug in front of that mirror pickguard. ;)

7. Soonerbldr

Soonerbldr

Jul 31, 2009
    Seattle, WA
    Nice looking basses man. So is the Omega a BA2 style bridge?

8. lowdownthump

lowdownthump

Jul 17, 2004
    That Steve Harris P looks great!!
    You have a nice collection of basses.
    Which is your favorite?

9. Yes it's BA2 copy. I got the one that had pregrooved saddles. No fuss plug and play install!

10. Thanks!
    The Harris is a fine player. Probably my number one. The active black USA EBMM SUB goes to every show and the black Dean Eric Bass Hillsboro.

lowdownthump likes this.
  11. :D

Slater likes this.
  12. Border

Border

Dec 31, 2010
    Spokane, Wa.
    Hey fourstring congratulations on a pair of gorgeous basses! Looks like you have a nice collection of instruments. Enjoy!!

13. diegom

diegom Supporting Member

Looking at the binding on that Steve Harris, it made me realize how someone could make a comfortable Ric 4003 clone!
    I always thought the SH bass had actual square edges with regular binding. I didn't know it was just painted on!!!

14. Spidey2112

Spidey2112

Aug 3, 2016
    Love the MIM Precision! Choice strap, too!

15. Yeah this bass has really rounded edges. The painted pinstripes are actually on both sides of the curve. Insane attention to detail!

lowdownthump and diegom like this.
  16. InDaDoghouse

InDaDoghouse

Mar 19, 2018
    Yeehaw
    Fudgin' sweet! I love the Steve Harris bass.

17. Alivefor5

Alivefor5 Supporting Member

Jul 17, 2006
    Indiana
    Two nice new basses. Interesting to me that the USA Sub and the Hillsboro accompany you to shows. Good taste in instruments.

fourstringgirl and lowdownthump like this.
  18. 39-Bassist

39-Bassist

Jul 7, 2010
    Florida
    Endorsing Artist for: Brace Audio; Duncan Pickups; Line6, Hipshot, GHS Strings, Somnium Guitars
    Love the bridge on the MIM... I personally prefer the SPB-4 better...not as boomy more punch.
    But hey great scores!
    Congrats!

19. Yeah we play a couple of Chili Peppers tunes and the USA SUB is perfect for them. We do a couple of Ghost songs and some Breaking Benjamin that need a guitar tuned a whole step down. The Dean is for that. It's been rock solid in that respect. The MM style pickup adds just enough pop and grind. Well worth the $500 they were priced at.

20. Vorson straps! That makes my third one! Not very expensive, thick and snazzy!

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 19, 2021