Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

two new basses in one day! insane!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by turkish, Feb 2, 2003.

1. turkish

turkish Guest

Jul 14, 2002
    FCCAUSA, or here
    mr ups dude came by with my geddy i got off ebay and a replacement rosewood neck for a body i bought on ebay a while ago

the geddy is fantastic, one of the most comfortable necks i've ever played, the osund with both pups wide open and the tone all the way up it's got this fantastic growl, right now the action is a little high for my tastes. the saddles are all the way down so i think the neck hsa a little too much releif so i'll either shim the neck or adjust the truss rod, it came with a black pickguard which i don't really like and i',m thinking about switching it with the blueish pearloid one i saw some one where do.

the other was a body i bought on ebay which came with an aguilar OBP-1 preamp, dimarzio ulrtajazzes, and a hipshot bridge.i attached the mity mite neck with some difficulty, the strings were right up agaisn't the fretboard so i had to shim the front of the neck, it sounds great, awesoem slap tone, almost as nice as a lakland i played, but because of the shim, the action on all the frets above the 12th is really high.

anyway i've been rambling

2. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    Ya think?;)

Congrats.

3. Good calls in both respects! I am envious of your Geddy! Have fun, and don't wear your fingers off!

4. Boy, that's one hell of a day. Congrats!

5. kcdbass

kcdbass

Feb 27, 2002
    New Jersey
    Former Sales/Web, Sadowsky Guitars
    two basses in one day? i've done it. it's fun. CONGRATS.

i have played a GLJB and loved it ... thought the neck way way comfy ... i'll get one soon.

my two cents ... you oughta slap a white pickguard on that bass since that's the true look ... but either way ... enjoy!:)

6. I'm so jealous. There is nothing better than new gear. Well...there is..but anyway.

I,personally would put a Vintage White (Fender Mint Green) pickguard on the Geddy,but that's just me. Congrats!

7. kcdbass

kcdbass

Feb 27, 2002
    New Jersey
    Former Sales/Web, Sadowsky Guitars
    you know the mint green thing really escaped me for a long time, and if you look at my avatar, that's sea foam green with mint green guard ... and it looks good.

i've also seen mint green on burgundy mist and fiesta red basses ... and those looked great. strange ... never thought green really went with anything:rolleyes:

never seen green n black but whatever ... that might be the reason to do it, right????

8. frederic b. hodshon

frederic b. hodshon Supporting Member

May 10, 2000
    Lake Forest, CA
    None.
    mmmmm...geddyleejazz.......

congrats!

get that action down, makes a world of diff with that particular bass.

f

9. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    Ok, so where are the pictures? :)

10. turkish

turkish Guest

Jul 14, 2002
    FCCAUSA, or here
    sorry bout that, my buddy has my camera right now