Two new P-Basses para mi

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by funkycarnivore, Jul 27, 2002.

1. By some strange coincidence, my 50th Anniversary P and 62 Reissue both arrived on the same day. Pretty cool!
  2. oo, i like the color of that reissue. what color is that?
  3. It's ice blue metallic. I'm pretty sure that wasn't an actual 62 finish, but whatever. The finish is almost exactly the same as a "blue agave" MIM Jazz I saw in a store yesterday.
  4. narud

narud Supporting Member

Mar 15, 2001
    santa maria,california
    somehow ive never owned a fender p. ive gotta do something about that.

they both look killer. that ice blue metallic is yummy
  5. SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Nice score. I'm thinking about a P... Let me know when you phase the '62 reissue out. (Which, in FC time, will be next Tuesday, right?) ;)
  6. jock

Jun 7, 2000
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Nice basses!:eek:

How do they compare to eachother and to the Lull P4 you have/had ;) ?
  7. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    Congrats, man. Nice looking pair.
  8. By some other strange coincidence, I'm not surprised that you, mr. Funky, just bought some new basses. ;) You're doing a really good job at giving me, and probably everyone else as well, constant GAS and feeding the somewhat envious side of my personality.
    Enjoy, none the less (and if you ever feel like giving your white Wal away to some poor student at the other side of the Atlantic, you could always PM me, nudge nudge)! :)
  9. You beat me to the reissue on Ebay. When I saw the ad and the 'BIN' price, I thought I found a steal, and then it came up with your name on it as the winner. Oh well. Looks beautiful, you got a good deal. The anniversary looks great, too.
  10. You mean the 50th, right? I got the Reissue from MF's "Scratch and Dent" section. Anyhow, the 50th one is cool. It's the same exact finish as on my guitar player's 52 Reissue tele. I was real lucky and quick on that one.
  11. Jeff Moote

Jeff Moote Supporting Member

Oct 11, 2001
    Beamsville, ON, Canada
    Nice basses... also notify me when you unload them.. :D
  12. Gil Escalera

Gil Escalera

Jan 17, 2002
    Upland, CA
    Nice pair of P's para ti fc. :)

Pero... ¿Quien es mas macho?
  13. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    ::speaks as he packs his crow bar and other breaking into houses tools::

Where do you live exactly?

14. You're right, I got it backwards. I distinctly remember your name on it, though. I know who I was cussing because they beat me to it.:D
  15. Sweet Ps!!!

Congrats! I really like the 50th Anniversery Model.
  16. Sweet Ps!!! :p

Congrats! I really like the 50th Anniversery Model.
  17. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    *jealous voice on *

Ya know, FC?? I think I am really starting to not like you too much anymore.:D ;) :p

*jealous voice off *

Of course you realize I am just kidding. Nice basses. I too have never owned a P, but I am starting to want one more and more these days. A P bass sound is something that my Modulus or my Cirrus just won't quite do.:rolleyes:
  18. Funkster

Apr 6, 2000
    Wormtown, MA
    Sweet P's Funky, Put my name on the list when you get rid of that 62 RI:D
  19. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    One day, I'll need to grab a PBass to go with my Jazz, and my wacky Curbows.
  20. mikezimmerman

mikezimmerman Supporting Member

Apr 29, 2001
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Indeed--now that I have one, I can see situations the P-bass would fit that the exotics just don't. I just auditioned for a country/blues band, and the P was perfect, whereas showing up with almost anything else I own just wouldn't have seemed quite right (at least not at first).

Wouldn't mind having a nice '75 Jazz reissue, though...