Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Two new songs from my metal/hardcore band, please critique.

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by playmybass, Sep 3, 2005.

1. playmybass

playmybass

Mar 28, 2004
    Tucson, Az
  2. playmybass

playmybass

Mar 28, 2004
    Tucson, Az
    If just one person chimes in Ill let this die.

3. VVildo

VVildo

Sep 6, 2005
    I like all four of those songs you have on there. I only have a couple issues with the mixing. I'm by no means any sort of an expert though. I think the vocals are just a tad too loud. There's a lot of interesting stuff going on with the guitars and the drums, but I have trouble hearing it sometimes. Another thing, which maybe is just because it's streaming over myspace, is that I can't hear any seperation between the instruments. It sounds like everything is panned directly to center.

Besides those two qualms I really like it. Your singer can actually still sound intelligible while screaming his head off. That's pretty impressive in itself.

4. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    I agree; vocals are too high in the mix to really make anything out, musically. The drums are clicking and the guitars are buzzing. I really can't make out what's going on in the song other than the tempo and the vocalist doing his thing.

Remix, and maybe I could give you some actual constructive criticism.

5. playmybass

playmybass

Mar 28, 2004
    Tucson, Az
    I agree, the vocals are a little too high. But my major gripe is the tone of the guitars. Its just bleh, I dont know if its the mics we used or if the guitarists tone on their amps are just crappy. We recorded and mixed these ourself, hopefully we can get professional recording soon.