1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Two New Songs!

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Bassline1414, Mar 31, 2002.

1. Hey guys,
    I have just completed two new songs that I'd like to share with you guys if you want to listen. The first song is called "The Guru". It's a metal song with a Middle Eastern feel. I tuned my guitar to C, G, C, G, C, F which is a sitar tuning and used mostly my B and E strings on my bass. The second song is called "Doo Wop From Hell". It's an odd twist on a 1960's R&B song. Imagine one of those Stax ballads in 6/8 being played with all the musicians on LSD and you'll have a pretty good idea of what it sounds like (no, I didn't use LSD to record :D). Thanks in advance!

Here's the link...
    www.guitar.com/artists/bassline

Check out the first song (An In Depth Look at a Crazy Man) if you haven't heard it already...it's on the Talkbass Station.

2. Erlendur Már

Erlendur Már

May 24, 2000
    I´m listening to An In Depth Look at a Crazy Man right now, vewy good, vewy good indeed!:)

3. Thanks, man. It's probably the most random song I've made (or will make). :)

4. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Good stuff man! Very interesting! I like an in depth look at a crazy man best.

5. Justin V

Justin V

Dec 27, 2000
    Alameda, CA
    I like 'In Depth Look at a Crazy Man'. It's really (and I mean REALLY) weird, but in a good way.

I also prefer in-depth looks at people over quick glances at them...especially the crazy ones. :D

6. Thanks, guys! I'm glad some people have actually listened to my stupid, weird songs! :)
    I Like An In Depth Look at a Crazy Man best, too...but it still needs a lot of work. Especially since I know some better recording techniques now.

7. Boplicity

Boplicity Supporting Member

Bassline, I would listen to and comment on your songs, but my computer is just too slow to download music. I wish I could hear what you've recorded, but I just don't have the luxury of the time.

8. It's ok, Boplicity. Pretty crappy weird music, not missing much. Thanks for bumping my post to the top though! :)

9. bump