Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Two New Songs!

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Bassline1414, Mar 31, 2002.

1. Hey guys,
    I have just completed two new songs that I'd like to share with you guys if you want to listen. The first song is called "The Guru". It's a metal song with a Middle Eastern feel. I tuned my guitar to C, G, C, G, C, F which is a sitar tuning and used mostly my B and E strings on my bass. The second song is called "Doo Wop From Hell". It's an odd twist on a 1960's R&B song. Imagine one of those Stax ballads in 6/8 being played with all the musicians on LSD and you'll have a pretty good idea of what it sounds like (no, I didn't use LSD to record :D). Thanks in advance!

Here's the link...
    www.guitar.com/artists/bassline

Check out the first song (An In Depth Look at a Crazy Man) if you haven't heard it already...it's on the Talkbass Station.

2. Erlendur Már

Erlendur Már

May 24, 2000
    I´m listening to An In Depth Look at a Crazy Man right now, vewy good, vewy good indeed!:)

3. Thanks, man. It's probably the most random song I've made (or will make). :)

4. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Good stuff man! Very interesting! I like an in depth look at a crazy man best.

5. Justin V

Justin V

Dec 27, 2000
    Alameda, CA
    I like 'In Depth Look at a Crazy Man'. It's really (and I mean REALLY) weird, but in a good way.

I also prefer in-depth looks at people over quick glances at them...especially the crazy ones. :D

6. Thanks, guys! I'm glad some people have actually listened to my stupid, weird songs! :)
    I Like An In Depth Look at a Crazy Man best, too...but it still needs a lot of work. Especially since I know some better recording techniques now.

7. Boplicity

Boplicity Supporting Member

Bassline, I would listen to and comment on your songs, but my computer is just too slow to download music. I wish I could hear what you've recorded, but I just don't have the luxury of the time.

8. It's ok, Boplicity. Pretty crappy weird music, not missing much. Thanks for bumping my post to the top though! :)

9. bump