two preamps and one poweramp

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by sirorange, Mar 17, 2006.

1. sirorange

Nov 12, 2003

Let me start by explaining my setup a little:

1 ampeg svp-pro preamp
    1 tech21 sansamp psa-1 preamp
    1 tc-electronics g-major fx unit
    1 mackie M1400i poweramp (with two in/out)

1 eden 410xlt
    1 swr big ben 18"

Now.. here is what I would like:

Plug my bass into the Ampeg SVP and have the SansAmp go through the FX-loop.

Then I plug both out's of the Ampeg to my Mackie, but then it happens.....

No sound..

I'm kinda stuck on how to wired all of the stuff..

I would like the Bass and the Ampeg make the basic sound, then put the SansAmp PSA-1 for a little overdrive through fx-loop. Then this mixed sound should go through the fx-loop of the GMajor for noisegate and compressor. Then the end signal should go to the Mackie...

The Ampeg has only one fx-loop.. So should I do something like this?:

Ampeg send -> SansAmp return, SansAmp send -> Gmajor return, Gmajor send -> ampeg return, Ampeg OUT (2x) -> Mackie

Sound ok? Can somebody please advise...

2. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2000
    I would think that you'd want the noise gate/compressor to be the first thing in the signal chain. The compressor will just bring up the noise level of everything before it...

Why not go Bass - G Major - Ampeg (tuner out to the PSA-1) then the outputs of the two preamps into the inputs of the Mackie. The 410 would get the clean signal and the 18 would get the dirty signal...

I used to run my Pearce BC-1 like that with the clean output to an Acme B2 and the clean/distorted output to an EVM 15... it sounded great!!! The channels are switchable so I could run clean then and dirt through the cabinet without the tweeter.
  3. BassDerek

Aug 15, 2004
    Sacramento, CA
    What mode is your mackie poweramp on, bridged or stereo?

Why do you need 2 outs from the SVP going into the mackie.
    You should be able to just plug in one input into the (L) input on the Mackie, and power both cabs in either bridged or stereo amp mode...