two questions - fuzz and building.

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by deemo, Jul 30, 2005.

1. deemo

May 23, 2005
    Ontario, Canada
    alright i've got 2 questions that should be rather simple for you guys...

i'm looking for a fuzz pedal that sounds kind of synthy, little sustain, just kind of "farts" and it dies out. i guess it should essentially fuzz enough so that the note isn't really recognizable. anything out there? i've currently got a russian big muff and a DOD bass overdrive in terms of that "range" of effects.

and my next question is for all the handy people.

i've been looking at schematics for building pedals, and i know this has to be one of the worst questions ever, but i really have no idea what you do to connect between resistors, capacitors and all that. I know the schematics show what's connected to what , but how do you do this? do you solder one wire from one to the other and does it matter how this is really done?

thanks everyone :)
  2. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
  3. come and visit and suss out all you need to make your own pedals. I'll help you if you need it, but having a search around there for a few days will uncover most of the answers you need.

To get you started, search for terms like "stripboard" and "pad per hole". Two types of prototyping circuit board substrates that are commonly used over there.
  4. Higgie

May 31, 2005
    London, England
    Well, the schematics are for circuit boards, so the circuit boards have copper (or whatever) tracks. You just drill the holes in the right places, pop the components in and solder. Then they are connected. And yes, as Niftydog said, head on over Here and you'll pretty much get all your answers.