Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

two quick questions about moses graphite neck

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Tommy Gunz, Sep 18, 2002.

1. for a jazz fretless replacement neck, I got a quote directly from Steve at Moses, it was $355, I did made a request to have the fret line go only down to the E string instead of all the way across the fretboard, he said it could be done, but I wonder is that why it is $100 more expensive than other places like Black Rose Customs?

Also, is it an option to have the 'moses' logo taken off from the headstock? I'd rather have it plain black.

2. craigb

craigb Supporting Member

I would guess (and this is a guess) that you could have a Moses dealer order the neck for you the way you want it and get it for a better price. I believe $355 is the list price for a Moses jazz neck and a mfr selling direct doesn't want to undercut his dealers if he wants to continue to have dealers.

Did you ask Steve if it was an "upcharge" to get the lines be short? I've emailed some questions to him about special features and we talked in terms of upcharges from the standard necks which made things clear and gave me a reasonable idea of what I could expect getting those features through a dealer.

Both BRC and Steve Mosher are good people and very helpful and communicative.