SOLD Two really killer precision basses

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by brett7276, Dec 2, 2015.

1. brett7276

brett7276 Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Price:
    Varies
    Strings:
    I've been on the quest for the ultimate p bass- I acquired 3 that were very close but my most recent one takes the cake so since I'm mostly a jazz bass guy I'm putting these up

Bass #1
    70s era fender frakenbass - body is circa 1973 ash stripped to natural bad ass bridge, Dimarzio p replacement guard- all parts jazz bass neck 1.5 nut, reshaped, reliced nitro finish done by Dan Atkinson- nice low action about 9.8 lbs thunderous growly p bass tone- bass would be an awesome candidate for custom color paint job- you won't be disappointed by this one its slays a lot of more "high $" p basses....
    I'm asking $650 shipped but pm me if you think price is out of line

Second up late 80s mij fender p body mated with 83 mij sq series squire neck- alder body which makes for nice light weight bass and the sq era necks are AWESOME on par with many of the really good early 70s necks- this bass smokes flat out. Again nice low action
    Asking a negotiable $550 shipped

If you want em both pm me I'll make ya a deal

Trade interests- I'd be into a road worn jazz, reissue jazzes, Spector euro perhaps will listen to others ( on most of thee id be assuming id trade both for yours)- I also have other basses listed and if it were something more vintage or high end I could throw others In too

Pm me with any questions

Attached Files:

2. brett7276

Jan 14, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Pics of the mij sq p

Attached Files:

3. engedi1

engedi1

Sep 16, 2005
    Nashville
    Man I'm curious as to what the winner is?

4. neckdive

neckdive

Oct 11, 2013
    Do you have any photos of the 73 body by itself without the bridge, PG, and neck, showing the routs, stamps screw holes, etc.?

5. brett7276

Jan 14, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I'll be glad to disassemble the bass and take some for a serious buyer pm me please

6. brett7276

Jan 14, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Bump

7. Leaux-b

Leaux-b Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2011
    Please do tell.

8. brett7276

Jan 14, 2009
    Indianapolis
    71 p bass rosewood neck on 80s bust squire body with Ben Lindsey custom pickups and spitfire tortoise guard- action is so low I can't get a pick between strings and frets and it nails the James jamerson thing

ExaltBass likes this.
  9. ExaltBass

ExaltBass XBass Cables Gold Supporting Member

Sep 28, 2006
    Twin Cities, MN
    Ben does know how to wind some awesome pickups!

10. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 23, 2021