Two songs by my band straight from our rehearsal space

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by phxlbrmpf, Nov 5, 2005.

1. phxlbrmpf

Dec 27, 2002
    We were going to use them to apply for a small festival, nothing amazing. Personally I think they sound pretty good considering that all we did was put two microphones in our rehearsal room and record what they caught in Cubase, the occasional feedback or bum note aside.

I'm not too happy with the clicky sound that I get in the second song when I dig in a bit (we decided to cut my mids a bit so I wouldn't get in the way of the guitars), so I think it might be a good idea to bust out my compressor stomp box again from now on. What do you think? Are those decent enough recordings to send to people? Our music is heavy-ish with a touch of electronica here and there.

By the way, our lyrics are in German but I don't really think we sound a lot like Rammstein. One more warning for the faint of heart: I do, in fact, frequently play root notes in those songs. GASP! :D

If you should decide to download, use right click > Save As, our server's handling of MIME types seems a bit wonky and I have no idea how to change this. Here goes:

Here's two older studio tracks which recently added vocals: In - Zwei.mp3 In - Kopf.mp3
  2. pretty nice!
    Those are really cool songs, do you guys have a keyboard player?
    if you guys had a cd, i would definatly buy it!
    You don't remind me of rammstein, your songs are a lot busier imo...
    and why can't I understand what your singer is saying?? ;)
  3. alapantera

Mar 22, 2004
    These sound really good. pretty cool songs.

the only problem i have is that i can't tell how cheesy the lyrics are. :D j/k

I don't see why these wouldn't be good enough quality to submit. but i'm not really experienced in that sort of thing, so what do i know?
  4. phxlbrmpf

Dec 27, 2002
    Glad you like it, the synthesizer bleeps and loops are a playback track that's sent over the PA and our drummer uses a click track, so no, we don't have an actual keyboard player. Thing is, the recordings you listened to are probably going to be scrapped, as the other guys are really unhappy with them. We're probably gonna redo them and record the guitars, bass, drums and vocals with a four-track mixer and put the tracks together in Cubase.

Those two tracks were the best out of the seven (I think) we recorded, some of the others simply didn't sound right overall.
  5. pagan109

Jun 19, 2005
    You guys do sound more busier than rammstein.
    The recording does sound really 'heavy' . personally didnt like the bass sound that much.Loved the playing.
    The song is cool ...would have been beter if i understood wat he is saying.
  6. phxlbrmpf

Dec 27, 2002
    Here's two older recordings that recently had the vocal tracks added to them. They were mixed in Cubase and sound pretty good. We managed to talk a DJ into playing one of them in a disco and we noticed that it was really lacking the extreme low end "omph" most professional productions have, but oh well. In - Zwei.mp3 In - Kopf.mp3

I used my old Ibanez ATK 300 in BEAD tuning to record them. The low Bb in the first song's transitonal parts is an overdub because I'm lazy and didn't feel like playing the entire song with the low B detuned to Bb. Don't you just love the powers of studio trickery? :p
  7. phxlbrmpf

Dec 27, 2002
    Let's try a slight bump.