Two Speeding tickets in one week

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Prime Mover, May 17, 2003.

1. Prime Mover

Prime Mover

Feb 16, 2003
    TN, USA
    By the same COP!!!!!!!! in two days!!!!!! Will I ever learn? If I get onee more this year my license will be suspended.:bawl:

Go ahead guys Flame away at me...I totally deserve it.
  2. temp5897

temp5897 Guest

Well I am not sure about flaming...

I think more concern should be placed on your safety. Everyone wants you to drive slower so that you are *safe*

That's all...

I don't think flaming or yelling at anyone for making a few mistakes is very constructive/helpful etc etc. :)
  3. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    thats just bad luck...

maybe from now you should speed in areas where that cop doesn't patrol;)

4. Prime Mover

Prime Mover

Feb 16, 2003
    TN, USA
    Maybe flaming was the wrong word...but I was only doing 85mph...on the fargin' interstate...aren't the made to speed on? Do these cops have nothing better to do than pull over people on the interstate? Come on...pull them over in residential zones for crying out loud...geez:rolleyes: ;)
  5. Did you try flirting with him?

Sometimes that works.
  6. temp5897

temp5897 Guest

Well around here 85 is quite fast and I live in San Diego...not exactly a real driver friendly place ;)

Whats the speed limit?
  7. ARA punk

ARA punk

Jul 11, 2001
    USA, Shelby, NC
    your safety and the safety of others. 85 is pretty fast man. fifteen over. I speed quite a bit, but only on backroads where i know all the curves, and during low traffic hours. I got a speeding ticket a few days ago for 53 in a 35. Its slowed me down alot.
  8. Prime Mover

Prime Mover

Feb 16, 2003
    TN, USA
    53 in a 35? Is that not residential? Whew...

70mph was the posted well.

I may drive fast, but I always look out for the other drivers and I never tail gate. If I come up on a car driving slower than me, I always slow down way before I get to them. That is the way I am.

I know, I do deserve the tickets.

And yes, I did try to flirt...My eyes usually get me out of things like this...I should have used the line..."So, we meet again..." This is were I would put a flirtatious smilie, but, alas we don't have those... :D
  9. That is too bad about the tickets. My rule for driving if you are going to speed:
    1. do not go over 10 miles an hour over the speed limit. if you go around 10 miles an hour or less, they usually won't bother with you.

2. if you need to go faster than 10 MPH over the liimt, don't make yourself stand out from the rest of the traffic as going alot faster than the rest of the flow makes you stick out like a sore thumb. IF possible, wait for a group of people who are speeding together. If you do trvel in a group of speeders, make sure you are not the first or last person in the group, if you stay in the middle then your good.

I'm not trying to give anyone instructions or telling them to speed when possible, i'm just giving advice my grandfather(ex. boston cop) gave me.
  10. Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    Ah, that's nothing! You should've tried to get a murder charge thrown in too! Then you'd have something! :p
    Same cop, eh? Was he trying for a date?
  11. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    ...would you please slow down.

As annoying as you are, we'd like to keep you around, ok?

12. Prime Mover

Prime Mover

Feb 16, 2003
    TN, USA
    I don't know...He was kinda cute...:meh:
  13. Prime Mover

Prime Mover

Feb 16, 2003
    TN, USA
    I'm annoying? I never thought about that...

I will TRY to slow down. Ok?
  14. pmkelly

Nov 28, 2000
    Kansas City, MO

this says bunches... you need to lay back a little during the commutes!

15. Prime Mover

Prime Mover

Feb 16, 2003
    TN, USA
    I try...but...I don't know, when I get behind the wheel, its weird, I floor it until it hits 90 then hit cruise control...I do lay back, I don't know, I guess I try to beat my time to get to work. I travel an hours drive in about 30 min to 45 min. If I drive slower, I get real antsy, and I can't relax. I end up screaming at the other drivers to drive faster so I can go. I need my head examined.

Everything I do in life I do, drink, walk, drive...Except...well, you know, the important thingy :D
  16. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars

:confused: trim your nose hairs slowly???

17. Prime Mover

Prime Mover

Feb 16, 2003
    TN, USA
    Yeah, that's it!!!!!!:rolleyes: ;) :D
  18. I got a ticket in janurary, going 30 through a school zone :rolleyes:

So now other than freeways, I never go above the speedlimit, and when I do, its only a few more.
  19. I rarely speed in my car. I know how long it takes to get almost anywhere in town, so I leave at the right time (or at least try). Same w/ the work bikes, but they are made to be seen on :D

Now my bike, man. Let's not go there. I go 20 in school zones, 30 in residential areas. Anywhere else, and I'm usually having a good time...I'll leave it at that. :D
  20. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    I go by the "Over by five and your fine" rule.

Wait, I just made that up.

But yeah, five over.