Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

two string questions....

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by xshawnxearthx, Mar 10, 2005.

1. xshawnxearthx

xshawnxearthx

Aug 23, 2004
    new jersey
    i bought a bass with tapers on the E string. should i keep using a taperwound string for the E or is a standard string fine?

also, every now and again i get this wierd sound coming from my E string. my singer said it sounds like it has a flanger pedal just on the E string.

any suggestions?

2. alot of people have that same weird chorusy effect sound form their tapered strings. if you get a regular wound string it should eliminate that problem. switching to regular strings will be fine. you dont have to play tapers just because your bass came with them.

3. xshawnxearthx

xshawnxearthx

Aug 23, 2004
    new jersey
    no no, im getting that with a non taper string.

its wierd, i had it once with an elixir. changed the string and it went away. yesterday i had a week old dr string making that noise. i just put a new dr string on it, and the sound went away.

4. Juneau

Juneau

Jul 15, 2004
    Dallas, TX.
    Is it possible your intonation screws are loose? Maybe your bridge saddle is moving a bit.

5. Press your string downward on the pickup side of the bridge saddle to insure a "Good Angle of Attack" with the string to the saddle. Do this 2 or 3 times then check intonation and readjust as necessary.