1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Two-Stroke G.A.S.

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by HollowBassman, Sep 6, 2008.

1. HollowBassman

HollowBassman

Jun 24, 2007
    Hancock, MD
    Note To Moderators: Any innuendo, or double meaning of any kind, found in this post is completely accidental and does not reflect the intent of HollowBassman.

I have had fuel in my veins for as long as I can remember, but I kinda gave up on ATVs about 7yrs ago when mine was stolen out of the garage. I have recently been reminded(against my will) of how much I love flying through the air on a small contraption of metal and plastic, and have been contemplating building a 4-wheeler for a side-project. My last ATV was my first experience with a four-stroke 4-wheeler and, while it was a great bike, it suffered from being seriously underpowered.

I would like to purchase another 4-wheeler of that model(minus the engine, of course) and fix its power problem with a large displacement two-stroke out of a motorcycle/dirtbike. It needs to have a relatively good amount of torque and be supported by the aftermarket, which leads me to my question for you, the ever-intelligent and helpful members of TalkBass. What suggestions do you have for a powerplant? I'm looking for something in the 400-900cc range.

2. Steal something out of a sled. Old Arctic Cat T-cat 1000 triple.

3. Jiggybass

Jiggybass

Nov 15, 2005
    Sudbury, Canada
    Move more north and buy a skidoo :p