1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Two ten bass cabinet?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by rfslick, Mar 3, 2013.

1. rfslick

rfslick

Dec 31, 2008
    Benicia, CA. USA
    I have two Deltalite 2510s and I looking for the plans to build a two ten cabinet. Does anyone have anything like this. I just don't want to guess at the dimensions. I have them in a two ten folded horn now and want to try front loaded.

2. SherwoodGreen

SherwoodGreen Banned

Dec 25, 2012
  3. Cloning an existing cabinet design and dropping in different drivers is a crapshoot at best. OP take a look on the Eminence web site. I understand there are cabinet designs for their drivers.

4. qts

qts

May 15, 2006
    Ijmuiden-holland
    There you are,
    I have some quick information for you which i copied from another thread and store it in my documentation.
    It's an explanation from BGavin, a well known member from TB and also with a lot of knowledge of speakercab building(thanks to him anyway)
    I never build this cab or have any experiance with this driver, so I can't tell you anything how it will performs.

Good luck

Start with a cube cabinet, internals are 13.67" inches.
    This is 1.48 cubic feet.

The 2510-II displaces 0.026 cubic feet.

When you install the driver into the cabinet, the net volume is 1.48 - 0.026 = 1.454 cubic feet.

Next, install a big round ducted port.
    7.622" inside diameter, wall thickness 0.3", total diameter = 8.22".
    Make the duct 6.5" long.
    The external volume displaced by the duct is 0.20 cubic feet.

This duct is inside the cabinet, so it reduces the net volume by 0.20 cubic feet.
    The net volume is reduced a total of (0.026 + 0.20) cubic feet.

You have to make the box larger to get back to the desired 1.48 cubic feet net volume.
    This is 1.48 + 0.026 + 0.20 = 1.706 cubic feet.

Doing the math again:
    1.706 - 0.026 (driver) - 0.20 (duct) = 1.48 cubic feet net volume.

5. rfslick

rfslick

Dec 31, 2008
    Benicia, CA. USA
    I love it. Could you be talked into pulling the front off and getting a pic? That seems so much better than a standard two tens side by side.

6. rfslick

rfslick

Dec 31, 2008
    Benicia, CA. USA
  7. I honestly would keep it simple and build a cabinet like the ampeg 210av. I only play sealed (non-ported cabs). Mainly the ampeg 810e and the 410he. I even tried a swr marcus miller go light and all the sealed cabs cut through the band mix much better than Ported relatives. They aren't as boomy so they may not seem loud to some people but they are a lot punchier. Just make sure you get a nice sheet of wood to build it out of.