1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Two Terror Bass Heads With Two Avatar Cabs?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by basskababble, Oct 7, 2010.

1. I ended up with TWO Orange Terror Bass heads. My cab is an Ampeg 1832e that can biamp, but should only run at 230 each side. It's also a fridge.

So I'm thinking of running each terror basses into a respective Avatar cab. They come rated at 500W each, so it's a perfect match for wattage. It's also a versatile and light weight rig since it's pretty much a 1000W rig split up into four parts.

Does anyone run a terror bass through an Avatar cab? Are they a good pair?

I've heard Avatar "is for people who can't afford what they want". I'm fine with that, but will the quality of the sound make me want to still drag my 150lb fridge to gigs?

Should I spend $940 to custom make a 212 & 410 rig in orange tolex? Or should I only spend about $500 and a few hours driving around the state to craigslist some carpet covered used Avatar cabs?

2. Floridabwoy

Floridabwoy Supporting Member

Sep 18, 2008
    Jacksonville, Fl
    There is a Avatar 2X12 in Sarasota for $150

3. almeak

almeak

Feb 25, 2004
    Chicago IL
    I too want to go with the orange tolex avatar and the terror bass (maybe 1000) I've used the avatar 2x12 and 2x10 stacked and it was great with just about every head I had (Swr 350x, ampeg svp pro, hartke lh 500 even the ampeg clone by behringer )
    I think I'm going to pair the terror bass with the avatar 1x12 and 2x10 with the black cloth grill and white piping....that would look really cool...............:bassist:

4. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    A cab rated at 500 watts will not actually take 500 watts before farting out. More like 250-300, at best.