1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Two wheels bad, four wheels good?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Sneakypete, May 17, 2011.

1. Sneakypete

Sneakypete

Jul 22, 2009
    This is so easy I almost hesitate to post it but I'd like to see if even this innocuous enquiry can provoke controversy! I've only ever used a simple two-wheel trolley for my cabs but quite a few places I play these days have wheelchair access so I'm going to knock up a four-wheeler (dolly?) as it seems easier and safer. I'll keep the two-wheeler for when I know there are steps etc. Is the recommendation for 3/4" ply, two fixed and two swivel casters minimum 3 inch diameter? Also any opinions on playing with the cabs still on the dolly, please. Just trying to think of back-saving tips until I win the lottery and get one of those ultra lightweight rigs. At the moment I'm shifting an old-school TE head (can be used for tethering Zeppelins) a 2x10 and a 1x15 - these are old Peavey and Ashdown cabs so also pretty weighty by today's neo standards. Oh, and I'm old too. Thanks.

2. nashman

nashman

Feb 11, 2011
    You might want to consider a single dolly - a convertible type that can be used 2 OR 4 wheel.