Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Two Words: Bad Religion

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by HWK2, Sep 12, 2000.

1. Have we got any Bad Religion fans out in this forum? Just looking for anyone who may like those wondefully simple fitting basslines. Or maybe just the idea behind the band. So, I expect this to get off topic pretty quick, but I am just trying to gather some peeps :cool:

2. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

Are they a rock band? (Does impression of British High Court Judge ;))

Maybe this should be in "Recordings" then?

3. Yeah I know BR.
    Their songs are simple but effective. And Greg as some of the best lyrics I know.
    Greetz

4. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    Bad Religion are really big in Germany - they (co)headline at least one open-air festival every year...great songs, '21st century digital boy' (?) comes to mind here...(I don't know their repertoire that well...)

5. Yogi Bear

Yogi Bear Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2000
    They're a great band, Recipe for Hate is an outstanding album.

6. Well, I don't see any forum of any bands, so I figured that bassist, being in the band, made it fit here better.. or in off topic.

7. yeah bad religion is good. isnt thier guitarist the founder of epitah records?

8. I remember seeing Bad Religion with The Vandals in 1992 at he old 9:30 club. They were so good back then. No Control and Suffer (and Against the Grain to some degree) are some of the best punk records ever made. Everything kind of fell apart after Generator. Mr. Graffin started dumbing down his lyrics.

Brett Gurewitz did found Epitaph records, but I'm not sure if he still runs it or not. I think he gave up the last time he went into rehab for that pesky heroin addiction. At any rate, he's not in the band anymore. I think Brian Baker took over after he left.

I could be wrong.

Speaking of Brian Baker, everyone go buy the Dag Nasty cd with Can I Say and Wig Out at Denko's. And get the Minor Threat complete discography CD while you're at it.

9. ulf_kurt

ulf_kurt

Feb 10, 2000
    Umea, Sweden
    I really like BR. The good thing is that they still make great albums even after so many years. Their last recording is a killer.

cheers Ulf/

10. DownCaster

DownCaster

Aug 22, 2000
    not a huge punk fan but i saw them in concert this summer and they amazed me! i saw them w/ Fenix TX and Blink ( god if it wasn't for Bad R. that show would of been hell on me) and i will tell you what...they put on a great show.

11. is this just a punk rock forum?

12. FuturePrimitive

FuturePrimitive Supporting Member

Nov 14, 2000
    Rochester, NY
    BR ties as my top favorite band of all time. Rush is the other. I know, strange combo.

I'm about as far away politically (libertarian) as you can get from Graffin but I love his music and his lyrics do make me think.
    HAHAHA, I saw that show too at Darien Lake, NY and I couldn't agree more! I even kinda like Blink's music but these guys have got to be the stupidest 3 guys to ever put a band together, they act like they're still in junior high. I couldn't take it when they started talking between songs, it was like a poorly written Beavis and Butthead episode. How did BR ever get mixed up with these guys!

BTW, does anybody have a pointer to some descent BR tabs?

13. Reid

Reid

Aug 25, 2000
    Oakville, Ontario
    i like'em because their guitarists play full chords really fast
    none of that wussy power chord crap=]