1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TX600 Has Arrived!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Justice Graves, Aug 4, 2016.

Tags:
  1. I bought a TX600 to replace one of my LH1000's since it had seen better days and had what I would call a lifetime's worth of hours on it. And the thought of a 7 pound backup amp sounded great too.

I've only got to tinker with it a little bit but so far I'm impressed by what it can do for the price point. It's not quite as easy to use as the LH's but it seems to be much more versatile.

One thing is starting to bug me, I think I may be one of the only people fool hardy enough to blindly purchase one right when they hit the market. They didn't seem to get as much hype here as some of the other recent offerings and I have yet to find a thread about anyone using one. I find it odd that the place that loves cheap good sounding basses wouldn't have any love for a cheap good sounding amp:D. More thoughts to come just because as I get to run it through its paces. This amp should get a heavy workout this Saturday hopefully good things to report will follow.

2. Random comparison from another thread just incase it will spark any talk on this thread....

3. wave rider

wave rider

Jan 5, 2005
    ;) No photo, no amp...

=wr=

dbase likes this.
  4. Didn't even cross my mind, once I get home from work I will snap a picture of all its ugly. I dig the orange but most people seemed to be very opposed to it.

BadExample likes this.
  5. Oh! I thought this was about another Terminator movie. Never mind.

S-Bigbottom likes this.
  6. dbase

dbase Gold Supporting Member

Jan 3, 2008
    South Jersey, USA..
    I got a call from my local music store that it will be here this week. I ordered it months ago and have been biting at the bit. I will probably use it cold turkey at a large outdoor venue with my two 2x12 Hydrives.. I'm hoping I like the tone plus the new built in compressor, trading in my LH500 so I wont have a backup amp if the new one craps out.. Never used a class D amp for bass before.

7. dbase

dbase Gold Supporting Member

Jan 3, 2008
    South Jersey, USA..
    tx600.jpg

Helix and JCooper like this.
  8. BadExample

BadExample

Jan 21, 2016
    Injiana
    That's the good kind of ugly. Not so bad looking. It does kind of look like the TE graphix guy was moon lighting. I dunno about that handle tho. Does that come with a belt clip adapter :D

Don't worry about the looks if it does what you need. It does have a bit of cute to it. Kinda like a pug with slobber down one cheek. If its loud you can nick name it cujo :D

Seriously, how well it sounds is all that matters in the end. Hope it works out well for you.

dbase likes this.
  9. Double Agent

Double Agent Supporting Member

Mar 10, 2006
    Lakeland, FL
    Have you not seen the Rumble threads? I think the lack of hype has more to do Hartke's marketing (or lack thereof). That said, if they put out a good product with these, the hype will follow. There is a lot of competition in the small amp segment. It will be interesting to see if, and how, these stand out.

10. tfer

tfer

Jan 1, 2014
    There have been full page ads in Bass Player and Guitar Player mags since the winter NAMM show, YouTube is filled with Victor Wooten demos, my Facebook feed is covered with ads also.

I'm not sure where you get that Hartke hasn't tried to hype this amp...?

11. tfer

tfer

Jan 1, 2014

12. Double Agent

Double Agent Supporting Member

Mar 10, 2006
    Lakeland, FL
    Mea culpa. I've only seen one demo where Victor played like Victor and didn't, in my view, show what the amp does that would make me choose it over a competitive product. So, not a lack of marketing per sè, but lack of effective marketing. I don't think showing a famous player playing your amp for 30-45 total seconds in a 3:00 minute video is terribly informative.

However, it was incorrect to say they haven't been marketing the amp at all. My mistake.

tfer likes this.
  13. Marketing aside it doesn't seem they have grabbed anyone with their efforts. This may be a case of being late to the dance, or just that Victor going to town really doesn't help sell the product. It has been a relatively quiet release in regard to the public talking about it.

14. BadExample

BadExample

Jan 21, 2016
    Injiana
    How do you like it?

15. I played with my jazz for a bit today and I was quite impressed. Tone was solid without being too much anywhere. Seems to be easy enough to dial in my tone, still need some time with the tone stack to be able to figure it all out. All and all very solid amp. Definitely need to put it through heavy duty paces but it's definitely moved my LH's to an emergency role. Very excited to give it the full work up this weekend.

BadExample and SirMjac28 like this.
  16. SirMjac28

SirMjac28 Patiently Waiting For The Next British Invasion

Aug 25, 2010
    The Great Midwest
    This is another golden age for gear the choices for quality,compact,affordable high output amps is ridiculous. I haven't heard of this model but to be fair I'm not in the market for another amp I think this amp ticks all the boxes congrats.

17. Spent

Spent

May 15, 2011
    Upstate NY
    Is he mixing cabs here? Are you sure that's Victor? That aside, I don't usually go for artist endorsements, but I did fall for it whe he played a HyDrive 410. It was a great choice, I love it. Three years of heavy use and it's still going strong. Although I did have to change the wheel, destroyed them in the first year.

18. tfer

tfer

Jan 1, 2014
    Obviously he's not a member here, or he'd know better...!

Fred312b, kobass, aaronious and 3 others like this.
  19. Spent

Spent

May 15, 2011
    Upstate NY
    Obviously.

aaronious likes this.