Tycobrahe Pedalflanger

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by kugelspot, Mar 4, 2010.

1. kugelspot

kugelspot

Jun 8, 2009
    I just saw Chicago Iron's reproduction of it, and after hearing the clips I'm f***ing in love with this thing. Unfortunately, its $550. I sent them an email asking if they had any plans to do a Crybaby housing refit like they do on the Parachute Wah. They replied saying the circuit is much too big to fit in a Crybaby housing (after looking at a gut shot of one, he's probably right).

So here's some questions I have:
    1. Has anyone ever used one of these (an original Tycobrahe or a Chicago Iron replica), especially on bass? Am I just making this out to be way better than it actually is?
    2. Does anyone else make a clone of it (I kind of doubt it. Also, the Variphase, Rotovibe, etc don't count. I mean an actual clone of it, not just something similar)
    3. Has anyone here built their own? Is it as much of a b**** to build as it looks like from the schematics?
    4. If I were to build one, where could I get a wah housing big enough to fit all the components? BTW, I don't want to buy a wah and then gut it, but I will if I have to (and no Morleys. It can't be switchless). Also, I need to be able to put 2 pots on it.

2. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 13, 2021