1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Tye Zamora (Alien Ant Farm) is Battling Cancer

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by DiabolusInMusic, Feb 25, 2016.

1. DiabolusInMusic

DiabolusInMusic Functionless Art is Merely Tolerated Vandalism Supporting Member

Tye Zamora, formerly of Alien Ant Farm, has recently been diagnosed with testicular cancer. Tye's kid was diagnosed with a lung disease last year and now this. Tye is the sole income for his family and a working musician as well as a TB member. The only news release on this was from a German website and I cannot post it here, please don't post links in this thread. I only found out about this today from another TBer.

I do not know Tye beyond e-mail. I bought his old Lane Poors out of his Dave Parr, the bass he cut a lot of AAF with. Tye has always been friendly to me as well as in other interactions I have seen him have. Heck, I am sure some of you love his youtube videos.

Tye could really use your good wishes and, for the religious folk, your prayers. Please keep him and his family in your thoughts as he goes through this difficult time. Here is rooting for him!

Tbone76 likes this.
  2. Spent

Spent Supporting Member

May 15, 2011
    Upstate NY
    Sounds like a tough time for him. As the main source of income (by a long shot) for my family, I can only imagine what it must feel like to be in this situation. Hopefully they caught it earely enough to have a positive outcome. My old cover band did some Alien Ant Farm, Tye is a seriously good player.

3. Basshappi

Basshappi

Feb 12, 2007
    Tucson,AZ
    I've always liked his playing and he seems like a good guy.
    I hope everything goes well and he makes a full recovery.

4. DiabolusInMusic

DiabolusInMusic Functionless Art is Merely Tolerated Vandalism Supporting Member

The good folks at No Treble were nice enough to run an article on this. I just thought I'd give it a bump.

Tye Zamora Battling Cancer

Tbone76 likes this.
  5. Best wishes for a full recovery for Tye and son.

nixdad and DiabolusInMusic like this.
  6. What bummer. He seems like such a nice guy and a character at that! Best wishes to a full recovery to you and your son!
    Take care,
    Brent

DiabolusInMusic likes this.
  7. nixdad

nixdad

Aug 15, 2008
    Los Angeles, CA
    Tye has an excellent chance at surviving testicular cancer if it was caught early enough. He may lose a nad, but that's what implants are for. My son was diagnosed with this a few years ago, and thank God (and thanks to his doctors,) he's been free and clear ever since. He was even gigging again 3 days after his surgery (albeit sitting down.)

I sincerely wish Tye and his son all the best.

BrentSimons and DiabolusInMusic like this.
  8. silky smoove

silky smoove Supporting Member

May 19, 2004
    Seattle, WA
    Agreed. One of the more manageable cancers if it's caught early enough. I certainly hope it was. He was my first bass idol when I started playing in 2002.

andruca, DiabolusInMusic and nixdad like this.
  9. Papersen

Papersen Supporting Member

Mar 22, 2002
    Best wishes for him and hope he can recover soon.

nixdad and DiabolusInMusic like this.