Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

type o negative video

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by fleabee, Feb 24, 2006.

1. Kelly Lee

Kelly Lee Yeah, I'm a guy! Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    I really like Type O but I haven't heard anything about them in awhile. :meh: BTW, they are awesome live and Peter Steele is freakin' huge! :eek: ......................:p

2. yeah i definately wouldnt want to piss him off

3. Glad to see some other Type O fans!!!

-ryan-

4. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    type o fan here...i've seen them live probably a dozen times, and i've yet to see a performance that hasn't blown my head off...awesome band...i think the best one i saw was with cradle of filth and moonspell at the showbox in seattle...awesome show...incidentally, they've got a new album coming out this spring on their new label and in march, their new dvd, symphony for the devil will be out...you can preorder now! :D

5. TheBrad

TheBrad Baby step bassist - 90% n00b

Jan 16, 2006
    Mountain View,CA
    Type O are great seen them 2 or 3 times, met the band (all except for Kenny) well didn't really meet them just had photo time and Peter was a little drunk, but it was fun. I was kinda spacing because I was "star struck" so I didn't really say anything to the man. But my favorite quote from him that night was "The internal combusition engine, it's the way of the future."

I pre-ordered the DVD from Best Buy, hope they come through for me. :p

You can also watch a trailer for the DVD on their site and SPVs site.

6. I love Type O!! I listed them on another thread as one of the most underated bands. They really don't get the recognition they deserve, for the great music they play. Good to see some fans around here.

7. are there any new singles released yet?

8. TheBrad

Jan 16, 2006
    Mountain View,CA
    Not that I am aware of, but you can listen to the live version of Black Number One (Little Ms. Scare All) on SPV's site for the band. It's off of the DVD which is them playing live at Dynammo in '99. (I believe that's the festival and year)

The last single they had was "I Don't Wanna Be Me" off of Life is Killing Me, which was released in 2003. They're a bit like Tool when it comes to recording.

9. their recordings have never disappointed me so its worth the wait in my opinion

10. there are a few good live audio clips on limewire{filesharing}

11. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    I'm glad to see they have a sense of humor. The one album I have... it might be called, "World coming down" I don't rember, but that is a great album. This song was a bit pop punkish. :bag:

12. TheBrad

Jan 16, 2006
    Mountain View,CA
    They all have a pretty odd sense of humor but it's good that they can poke fun at themselves. World Coming Down is a real departure from their typical material, so if that was your first taste of the band I am kind of surprised you stuck with them. All of the band was going through some really heavy **** at the time, and it shows through the music.

13. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    wow, world coming down was one of my fave albums...just wanted to say that i was able to preorder symphony for the devil yestereday :D it should be out march 14th...can't wait!

14. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA

Is the "I don't wanna be me" vid typical of their sound? Because that and World Coming Down is the only Type O I've heard. I actually really prefer World Coming Down, Who will save the sane is amazing, and the title track. Really depressing stuff, but beautiful and heavy. Very strange.

15. TheBrad

Jan 16, 2006
    Mountain View,CA
    No not at all. Slow, Deep and Hard is the bands metal album, it's the last of Peter playing stuff in the vain of Carnivore his thrash metal band. Apparently this album was just a demo tape to get the band signed with Roadracer Records (name of the company at the time), but they released it anyway. I've heard bad things about Roadrunner, but I don't really know how something like that is possible? Then Origin of the Feces is a fake live album, recorded one-takes in the studio with a bunch of their drunken friends in the booth for a crowd section. They recorded this because their contract required 7 albums, and one had to be live. Bloody Kisses and October Rust kind of show the progression to the album you are familiar with. Then with Life Is Killing Me it was more of a mid-tempo album, there were only 2-3 songs that were really poppy/fast sounding on it. I think their influences going into this album was a lot of electroshock and punkish stuff and it shines through on tracks like "I Don't Wanna Be Me" but there are plenty of "traditional" Type O songs on it. If you want some sample tracks from any album just PM/E-Mail me.

16. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    I'll keep it in mind.

P.S. It's so weird Peter's transition from screaming his ass off with Carnivore and his low goth growl in Type O