Type Of Wood

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by BarnacleBassist, Apr 26, 2002.

1. First off, sorry if this is in the wrong spot... i wasnt sure if this would qualify in the "basses" or "misc." category.

secondly, i saw a picture of a bass guitar which had a really nice type of wood on it, and im not sure what type it was. THe only thing i remember was that it had really dark, etchy lines in it. I saw it on a pic somewhere in these forums, an di think the bass had sort of a swampy green colour to it... but i could be wrong..

if anyone knows what type of wood this is ( even by my vague description...) please tell me! thanks
  2. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Might it be: Huff Z Series? It's Swamp Ash with a Maple Burl top (dyed green)

3. NO, that wasnt it... BUt that is really really nice wood!!! :D
  4. Sounds like it could be Zebrawood, although it's not usually naturally green. You can try this site for pictures of exotic woods:

If they don't have a shot of what you saw, you can do a search for wood veneer in any search engine, and that will net you several sites that should have additional pictures.

5. malthumb

Mar 25, 2001
    The Motor City
    Without having seen it, I'm guessing buckeye burl. That's that only wood I have seen that naturally has a lot of green in it, along with black line patterning.

6. well heu everyone thanks! espacially for hte links, i found some very ncei woods there i could use! thanks! :D