Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

types of heads..

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Bigwig, Jun 22, 2004.

1. Bigwig

Bigwig

Dec 27, 2003
    Grimcity
    of you look at a picture of a yorkville xs400 head...its not protected by anything
    [​IMG]
    (sorry for the pic being blurry)
    but most other heads have either carpet...or plastic covering the top and sides of the head..
    i know this sounds like a noob question..but is there rack cases or anything i can buy to keep this more secure..so when transporting it, its not as likely to get damaged?

2. Emprov

Emprov

Mar 19, 2003
    Yep. For that, a 2 space rack case will do the the trick. You can pick them up on ebay for around $35 and up plus shipping.

3. Bigwig

Bigwig

Dec 27, 2003
    Grimcity
    okay thanks..and wat exactly are they called?
    and i noticed this bass head is really deep..would there be one that will fit my head?

4. Emprov

Emprov

Mar 19, 2003
    There just called rack cases and there are a ton of people who make them. Do a search on ebay and you'll see what I mean. And, they come in all different shapes and sizes. What you're looking for is one that's 19" wide, or a 19" case. Measure the depth of the head, (although I bet that it's not more than 14", which is pretty standard) and you'll get the minimum depth that you need. You're also going to need to pick up a set of rack screws to mount the head, they're way cheap. Do you currently own the head and a cab?

5. Bigwig

Bigwig

Dec 27, 2003
    Grimcity
    i just got the head last week...but im getting a 4x10 cab on friday..
    arite...so i go by the width measurement.not the depth..sounds pretty simple
    thanks alot

6. Warwick do a good padded gig bag for amps. Comes in various sizes.

try at www.warwickbass.com.au

The pictures are there but it isnt that good to see.....I have had a look at them and they are good. Was going to try to get my trace into one!

C