1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

types of heads..

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Bigwig, Jun 22, 2004.

1. Bigwig

Bigwig

Dec 27, 2003
    Grimcity
    of you look at a picture of a yorkville xs400 head...its not protected by anything
    [​IMG]
    (sorry for the pic being blurry)
    but most other heads have either carpet...or plastic covering the top and sides of the head..
    i know this sounds like a noob question..but is there rack cases or anything i can buy to keep this more secure..so when transporting it, its not as likely to get damaged?

2. Emprov

Emprov

Mar 19, 2003
    Yep. For that, a 2 space rack case will do the the trick. You can pick them up on ebay for around $35 and up plus shipping.

3. Bigwig

Bigwig

Dec 27, 2003
    Grimcity
    okay thanks..and wat exactly are they called?
    and i noticed this bass head is really deep..would there be one that will fit my head?

4. Emprov

Emprov

Mar 19, 2003
    There just called rack cases and there are a ton of people who make them. Do a search on ebay and you'll see what I mean. And, they come in all different shapes and sizes. What you're looking for is one that's 19" wide, or a 19" case. Measure the depth of the head, (although I bet that it's not more than 14", which is pretty standard) and you'll get the minimum depth that you need. You're also going to need to pick up a set of rack screws to mount the head, they're way cheap. Do you currently own the head and a cab?

5. Bigwig

Bigwig

Dec 27, 2003
    Grimcity
    i just got the head last week...but im getting a 4x10 cab on friday..
    arite...so i go by the width measurement.not the depth..sounds pretty simple
    thanks alot

6. Warwick do a good padded gig bag for amps. Comes in various sizes.

try at www.warwickbass.com.au

The pictures are there but it isnt that good to see.....I have had a look at them and they are good. Was going to try to get my trace into one!

C