Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Typical men

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Matt Till, Apr 18, 2003.

1. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Why is it that when guys ask a guy about his girlfriend, the first question seems to be "Is she hot?" I noticed this happening a lot. First of all, opinions of hot vary. For example, I find a lot of models repusive. They are so skinny and coked up they look like they are dead. Some guys find that hot... go figure. I find my girlfriend attractive... I don't care who else does. Also, looks don't last, believe me... they don't. AND looks don't/shouldn't make a lasting relationship. Most frat boys and soriety sisters (frat matresses) don't "go out" because if a guy usually dates a stupid girl, they only want one thing... free pizza, or something else, but I want pizza right now. Ugh... vent thread.

2. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    Did you hit your head again, Matt?;)

3. SlavaF

SlavaF

Jul 31, 2002
    Edmonton AB

HAHAHAHA:D

Poor guy...

Although I do agree with you, kinda, even though I lost you at the free pizza part...

4. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    Most models are ugly.

What happened to their boobs? they are like... not there!

:D

5. 5stringDNA

5stringDNA

Oct 10, 2002
    Englewood, CO
    I knwo what ya mean matt- society has brainwashed everyone into thinking taht nothign but looks matters. I'll be upfront and say if I don't find a chick somewhat attractive I wouldn't go out with her, but I don't think that's being a jerk or pic or anything- like you said tastes very. I woudl never, however, go out with someone because of their looks- I ahve met way too many "good looking" people that are total stuck up pains in the butt and I can't stand. Its sad, but most guys are too shallow to look past a good body now days it seems.:meh:

6. jazzbo

jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    People will tell me my girlfriend is hot. This is weird. I know it's a compliment, but what do I say? "Thanks?" Why? I had nothing to do with what she looks like. "Okay," is usually my answer.

7. moley

moley

Sep 5, 2002
    Hampshire, UK
    Why not just agree with them Jazzbo? :)

"Ain't she just?"

And BTW, Jazzbo, *why* haven't we seen pictures of her in the significant others thread, eh? :D

8. Yeah i get this too. I got it on this forum with the "post pics of your significant other" But i feel weird with it. Like "okay now i have competition because they'll only be talking to her cause they think she is hot".

Merls

9. hey why don't you guys start a "Post pics of your Girlfriend/boyfriend(s)" thread , UH??! So that you all can see how someone starts with the "Your girl's Hot" compliments! UH?

I would start it but I'm single y'know.. :D

10. moley

moley

Sep 5, 2002
    Hampshire, UK
    There already is one, I mentioned it before - the significant others thread.

11. Prime Mover

Prime Mover

Feb 16, 2003
    TN, USA
    Matt, I just gained more respect for you. I have never, heard a guy make a statement like this one.

I bow down to you...Not too low...but I still bow:D

12. ldiezman

ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    Nashville
    while I do agree with you Matt, I think the Frat boys comment was a bit over the edge... I am not in a fraternity, but I think you are stereotyping a bit here.. and thats not really fair... of course The university I'm at might be an exception because of the size and type of people who go here.. but anyways....

13. better than catching it in a drawer :eek:

:grabs groin:.. ohh... :oops:

Im with matt, its so annoying, when you like someone for more than what they look like, but they're going for someone else becuase their lost in this new world.

or what annoys me more is the people on my msn contact list saying "i love so and so, forever" then the next day it changes. :rolleyes:

14. My experience is that essentially there are only a few guys who say that looks don't matter and mean it whole-heartedly. However, I fully agree Matt - why don't us guys ask "Is she a nice girl? Does she make you happy?" I think that because males as a sex turn everything into a competition, this is just another area for us to attempt to out do each other. We can't measure happiness or emotional fulfilment so we compare breast sizes - something that is tangible. If more of us care about how we are instead of how we are in respect to everyone else, life will be a whole lot better for both guys and girls.

I've had the fortune/misfortune of spending time with a few girls, varying completely in personality, all of whom I find very attractive (once again, matter of opinion). I may be the exception, but no matter how good looking some of they are, I don't think you could get me near them again! Looks aren't worth it if there isn't a whole lot more behind the person. In saying that, it is a natural human tendency for us to seek people who are more attractive - studies have indicated quite profoundly that better looking people even earn more in the same occupation! Unfortunately, it is a fact of life that both males and females will act more favourably towards visually appealing people.

[k]

15. Melf

Melf

Mar 20, 2003
    Starkville, MS
    I'm probably going to get flamed for this, but here goes anyway...

Looks do matter to me, kind of. I think that how a girl dresses herself is a big thing. Now normally I don't care about how people dress, but if I see a girl who's wearing a shirt and pants 5 sizes too small and a thong popping out of her belt then I'm going to think she's so disgusting...she can't take care of herself.

EDIT: Nevermind about the second paragraph; it was inflammatory and probably would have offended some people.

16. jasonbraatz

jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    mmmm....peeping thong......

one of the few female fashion trends i actually get some kind of enjoyment out of ;) i'm gonna be sad when that one dies.

17. the first question i usually ask my friends about their girlfriends is: "is she mean?"
    they usually say "no", but they're usually wrong.

18. no, i agree with you. girls that dress like that are usually the kind that want attention and older guys to slobber over them...they give presentable, decent girls a bad rep.

19. jazzbo

jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    Because I'm the one that chose to be a part of this forum, not her. And the last thing I need is some kids ogling someone I care deeply for.

Further, and I really do mean this in the nicest possible way, everyone's else's opinion of my girlfriend's appearance is 100% irrelevant. Know what I'm saying?