1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Typical of my luck...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by casualmadness, Mar 19, 2008.

1. casualmadness

casualmadness

Dec 15, 2005
    VA
    Just a rant here...I finally bought one of my dream basses a few days ago; a Sadowsky MV5, black/black/maple. Bought it from TB'er Tommixx. It's been shipped and I absolutely can't wait to get it. I've have this new bass fund for a long time and I've just been waiting on the right bass to come along. Even when I was short, financially, I didn't touch my new bass fund. I even had some stuff come up that caused me to cancel an order for some other stuff. But I still didn't touch my new bass fund. I knew that my new bass would make itself available. But two dream basses popped up at the same time. The Sadowsky and a Modulus Graphite Quantum 6 popped up locally. It was a tough decision but I went with the Sadowsky. So I'm crazy stoked about getting it. Tommixx sent the tracking number to me yesterday. I've been so excited. But then yesterday afternoon at work, while doing something that I was told to do, even though it isn't my job...I shot a staple through my left index finger with an air gun. :eek:
    It really didn't hurt. If you've ever worked with this type of tool you know that it fires the staples out very quickly. It pierced my finger instantly. Plus, I was using the long staples. It went right through at the first joint from the tip. When I got home last night, I tried to play some bass...couldn't even fret with that finger. :bawl:
    I imagine it will be fine in a few days. But I'm pretty bummed about the fact that I have a dream bass on it's way to me and it might be a day or so after it arrives before I can play it.
    Rant over.

2. Jiggybass

Jiggybass

Nov 15, 2005
    Sudbury, Canada
    Heh, on the day my Fender Jazz 24 came in I dislocated my thumb while mountain biking :atoz:

3. Fontaine

Fontaine

Apr 27, 2006
    well at least it isnt herpes.

4. casualmadness

casualmadness

Dec 15, 2005
    VA
    :eyebrow:
    I suppose there's some logic in that.

5. Fontaine

Fontaine

Apr 27, 2006
    some? im sure it makes all the logic in the world ole bean.

good day to you sir.

6. Phalex

Phalex Semper Gumby Supporting Member

Oct 3, 2006
    G.R. MI
    What does it matter if he's balding and wears a toupee??

7. I sprained my knee, ankle and tore a PCL on my first day of a season pass at a local ski hill last year. Kinda similar... Hope it heals quick dude!

8. casualmadness

casualmadness

Dec 15, 2005
    VA
    Ummm...but I'm not and I don't. Anyway, just went to the doctor for a tetnis shot. Doc said the finger looks ok but I have to wear a splint on it for 24 hrs. Meh...could have been worse I guess.

9. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    I hpe you're up to date with your tetanus shots.

10. Phalex

Phalex Semper Gumby Supporting Member

Oct 3, 2006
    G.R. MI
    Glad to hear it's not serious.

Good luck with that hair piece.

11. casualmadness

casualmadness

Dec 15, 2005
    VA
    Yeah thats why I went to the doctor. I didn't think about it yesterday but my g/f mentioned it last night. So thats why I went ot the doctor. So I got the shot this morning.

12. Bryan316

Bryan316 Banned

Dec 20, 2006
    Detroit
    No pics, no nailgun hole in your finger.

13. casualmadness

casualmadness

Dec 15, 2005
    VA
    Ahh there it is. I was wondering when I would get called on that. :D Honestly, it isn't gross looking. It's a tiny little hole that's barely red. But I can take pics tonight. But it isn't gross at all. The hole is barely visible.

14. buzzbass

buzzbass Shoo Shoo Retarded Flu !

Apr 23, 2003
    NJ
    you should at least get that looked at. when was the last time you had a tetnis (sp?) shot ?

15. casualmadness

casualmadness

Dec 15, 2005
    VA
    This morning.

16. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    It's time like this I always turn to my favorite digital happy place.
    :D

17. buzzbass

buzzbass Shoo Shoo Retarded Flu !

Apr 23, 2003
    NJ
    cool, you should be fine then.

18. casualmadness

casualmadness

Dec 15, 2005
    VA
    Nice! :D

19. peterbright