Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by i_got_a_mohawk, Jan 10, 2006.

1. I go down to the shops for 2 minutes, come back, and theres a slip through the door, "you've just missed a delivery " (not actual slip contents), how typical is this!

Does anyone else suffer from sods law as bad as me?
  2. dlloyd

dlloyd zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Apr 21, 2004
    One morning a couple of years back, I was making myself some breakfast and heard the postman putting something through the letter box. I just carried on doing what I'd been doing, figuring it was most likely to be something depressing like a final demand for payment for the electricity or telephone or something.

When I went to the door, it turned out to be one of these delivery slips saying that they'd tried to deliver a package but couldn't because I was out. I ran down the street to catch the postman only to find out he'd left the item at the delivery office as it was a bit heavy and he didn't want to take the chance that I might not be in...
  3. Thats happened before to me, i went to check if the mail had arrived, just as i went through a few letters came through along with a slip, i opened the door and the postie went "eh, i thought noone would be in . . . " and i just shut the door at that, grr, lazy bas!

This was a parcel force slip tho, so, hopefully they wouldnt have done that!
  4. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    In the USA, we call that Murphy's Law.

5. I have a certain route I drive to get back to the office every day, and without fail these days, I round the corner and head up to the traffic light, just as it has let cars through and is turning red again. I think there's gremlins messing with me!:bag:
  6. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA

In Pennsylvania, we call it Jude Law.
  7. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    Judas Priest would probably consider that "breakin the law."
  8. Heh. This summer my uni decided to fedex me my housing information a mere 3 days after it was due. Needless to say, it got not-delivered and put back on the truck. I had to drive 30 miles to get it. Grrrgrumblestupidcountryfedexstationsontheothersideofthelake.
  9. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

On TV, it would be LA Law