1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Tyresse from the Walking Dead

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by 48thStreetCustom, May 2, 2015.

1. 48thStreetCustom

48thStreetCustom

Nov 30, 2005
    Colorado
    This made me really sad. I like this guy.

2. 48thStreetCustom

48thStreetCustom

Nov 30, 2005
    Colorado
    Here's the news story: Walking Dead's Tyreese says he had 'built up frustration over Baltimore racism' prior to his crazed rant on NYC subway | Daily Mail Online

"According to reports, Coleman was set off by a man and a woman who were whispering to each other, questioning whether he was TV star. The Inquisitr reported that the man said to the woman: 'No, we don't know that n-----.'

However Coleman happened to hear the comment, and stood up to defend himself, he says.

When no one came to his defense, he started wandering the carriage, ranting: 'Where is my humanitarian? If you care, f---ing care!'"

3. CatSquare

CatSquare

Mar 7, 2014
    Didn't watch for long. Poor Tyrese.

4. ImNotJoel

ImNotJoel

Jan 12, 2014
    Connecticut
    He had every right to be mad and that guy who made that comment is lucky he didn't get his skull crushed in walking dead style. And the fact no one came to his defense makes them as bad as the person who said the comment. If people call out racism and racial comments they won't happen because the racist pieces of garbage will know they can't go around saying those things. He's right despite being an actor and all his accomplishments he gets belittled to being just the n word. So yeah were are the humanitarians at?

Last edited: May 4, 2015
    LiquidMidnight and Immigrant like this.
  5. OldDog52

OldDog52 Gold Supporting Member

Jan 1, 2011
    yikes

6. 48thStreetCustom

48thStreetCustom

Nov 30, 2005
    Colorado
    I agree. It just sucks that some a-hole recorded this low moment and put it on the internet.

7. ShoeManiac

ShoeManiac Supporting Member

Jan 19, 2006
    New Jersey
    I certainly like Chad Colman's work as Cutty on The Wire. I think that his character had one of the more interesting story arcs as he portrayed someone who was coming out of jail after a long stretch, got back into the life and found that he just couldn't go back to that.

As for this incident? It really sucks. I feel for the guy. In parts of New York City you actually DO see famous people and actors on the street with some regularity. I've seen some myself and the vibe I've always gotten is that most of them would prefer to just go about their day. When I was on the train sitting across from a regular on The Soprano's? I thought it was cool, but I also tried to put myself in his place. Would he really want to be bothered by some stranger saying "Hey, I liked your work on The Soprano's"? Now in the age of smartphones where everyone has a video camera, google and IMDB at their beck and call, actors like Chad Colman have lost any possibility for peaceful anonymity. And if you lose your cool, guess what? It's going to wind up on YouTube or TMZ. The digital revolution has been great in some ways, but I think now we're seeing just how invasive it can be.

8. ImNotJoel

ImNotJoel

Jan 12, 2014
    Connecticut
    It does suck I wouldn't consider this a low moment for him. It's low people filmed it trying to paint it as him being irrational. If there were some people who filmed him mad without knowing why that goes to show to film and post everything especially when you don't know the reason.

9. AaronVonRock

AaronVonRock

Feb 22, 2013
    Bangkok
    I like how he repeats his full name, profession, and acting resume several times throughout his rant.

Reminds of the scene in This Is the End when Jonah Hill is praying to God, "God, this is Jonah Hill...Academy Award Nominee for Moneyball...."