1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

U-Retro Deluxe for sale

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by sleeplessknight, Oct 10, 2004.

1. sleeplessknight

sleeplessknight Supporting Member

Mar 8, 2002
    Seattle
    So I'm selling one of the famous John East U-Retro Deluxe (with the passive tone control thingie) up for sale, with custom-cut Burlwood knobs, for $400 shipped. Never heard of the U-Retro (or it's cousin the J-retro)? Check out their webpage here.

Still not convinced that this is the best preamp money can buy? The Dudepit's been selling these things for awhile, and there's a bunch of customer endorsements here

The U-Retro Deluxe that I'm selling doesn't have the stock chrome stack-knobs, it has custom-cut Burl knobs so that it can look pretty on your custom high-end bass with the fancy-schmancy tops. If you'd rather have the chrome knobs, email me and we can work out a price deduction and I can tell ya where you can pick up the stock ones (cuz unfortunately I don't have 'em :( ) Follow this link for some pictures that I took.

As always, feel free to email me with any questions, and I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

2. sleeplessknight

Mar 8, 2002
    Seattle
    bump?

3. sleeplessknight

Mar 8, 2002
    Seattle
    bump for a monday morning. Any interest at all out there? Any offers?

4. sleeplessknight

Mar 8, 2002
    Seattle
    ^
    O
    O
    O
    O
    <bump!>

5. Chace90

Chace90 Supporting Member

Feb 1, 2002
    Denver, CO
  6. sleeplessknight

Mar 8, 2002
    Seattle
    Right, I took those into consideration when I set this price. The custom-cut knobs were pretty expensive. If someone doesn't want 'em, I can knock the price down to $290 shipped or some such (they'll have to go buy the chrome knobs from somewhere tho, I think the Dude sells 'em)

7. Chace90

Chace90 Supporting Member

Feb 1, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Cool, man. I was just making sure. By the way, I use the j-retro deluxe, and I'd highly recommend it to anyone. Most versatile pre I've ever heard and used!

8. sleeplessknight

Mar 8, 2002
    Seattle
    Mmmm, J-Retro goodness.... don't suppose anyone feels like TRADING straight across for a J-retro, do they? :)

9. sleeplessknight

Mar 8, 2002
    Seattle
    biggity-BUMP! :hyper:

10. sleeplessknight

Mar 8, 2002
    Seattle
    bump for new lower price: $350 shipped!

11. sleeplessknight