Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

U-Retro Deluxe for sale

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by sleeplessknight, Oct 10, 2004.

1. sleeplessknight

sleeplessknight Supporting Member

Mar 8, 2002
    Seattle
    So I'm selling one of the famous John East U-Retro Deluxe (with the passive tone control thingie) up for sale, with custom-cut Burlwood knobs, for $400 shipped. Never heard of the U-Retro (or it's cousin the J-retro)? Check out their webpage here.

Still not convinced that this is the best preamp money can buy? The Dudepit's been selling these things for awhile, and there's a bunch of customer endorsements here

The U-Retro Deluxe that I'm selling doesn't have the stock chrome stack-knobs, it has custom-cut Burl knobs so that it can look pretty on your custom high-end bass with the fancy-schmancy tops. If you'd rather have the chrome knobs, email me and we can work out a price deduction and I can tell ya where you can pick up the stock ones (cuz unfortunately I don't have 'em :( ) Follow this link for some pictures that I took.

As always, feel free to email me with any questions, and I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

2. sleeplessknight

Mar 8, 2002
    Seattle
    bump for a monday morning. Any interest at all out there? Any offers?

3. sleeplessknight

Mar 8, 2002
    Seattle
    ^
    O
    O
    O
    O
    <bump!>

4. sleeplessknight

Mar 8, 2002
    Seattle
    Right, I took those into consideration when I set this price. The custom-cut knobs were pretty expensive. If someone doesn't want 'em, I can knock the price down to $290 shipped or some such (they'll have to go buy the chrome knobs from somewhere tho, I think the Dude sells 'em)

5. Chace90

Chace90 Supporting Member

Feb 1, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Cool, man. I was just making sure. By the way, I use the j-retro deluxe, and I'd highly recommend it to anyone. Most versatile pre I've ever heard and used!

6. sleeplessknight

Mar 8, 2002
    Seattle
    Mmmm, J-Retro goodness.... don't suppose anyone feels like TRADING straight across for a J-retro, do they? :)

7. sleeplessknight

Mar 8, 2002
    Seattle
  8. sleeplessknight

Mar 8, 2002
    Seattle
    bump for new lower price: $350 shipped!

9. sleeplessknight

Mar 8, 2002