1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

U retro with Relfex

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Theexploitbass, Mar 26, 2006.

1. hey all

Ive decided im going to upgrade the preamp in my fretless. Thinking about the U retro but would like to know if it will be a simple drop in with my Relfex pickups? Im not sure what model pickups they are, judging by what I found in the search they are Reflex Reds. Anyhow, the preamp that is in it at the moment is a small black box. Im not going to fit it myself i will get my local shop to do it but what do you guys think?

have any of you got a U retro with a fretless? or a U retro with Reflex pickups?

Cheers
    Stu

BTW, its a PJ pickup configuration. The reason for upgrade is i dont have much top end response or tonal control with the current setup.

2. adrian garcia

adrian garcia In Memoriam

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    Endorsing Artist: Nordy Basses, Schroeder Cabs, Gallien Krueger Amps
    the u retro should work fine with any pickup- and for fretless, it should do wonders because of the sweepable mids. i HIGHLY reccomend these preamps.