Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

U.S. Jazz deluxe bass feedback?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by RealBK, Jul 21, 2002.

1. RealBK

RealBK

Feb 8, 2002
    Hi, What does everyone think of the NEW (18v) U.S. Fender Jazz deluxe 4 string basses? Worth the cost? How do the necks feel? what about the sound? good for slap & fingerstyle? Do you think i could get a better active jazz for the price? any names?

One thing has anyone took off the stock Fender bridge which comes on the U.S. Deluxe jazz, and replaced it with something else? Badass bridges might look a bit bulky for this bass, so any other bridges that would work? (Still keeping the string through option).

Do you know if i could get the exact same Machine heads that are fitted on this bass in black?

Some photo's of your Jazz deluxe basses would be nice? Is there two battery slots in the back of the bass?

Thanks.

2. barroso

barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    Italia
    there is an excellent review on the British magazine Guitarist on ale now

take a look here www.guitarist.co.uk/gear/gear.asp in the next weeks they will probably put the review online.

3. pd_5string

pd_5string Admin: Accnt Disabled

Jan 23, 2002
    NY
  4. dmaki

dmaki

Apr 29, 2000
    Chattanooga
    Sweet sassy molassy! I didn't think Fender could make a bass like that (ooo maple neck):D

Dave