Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

U.S. Masters Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by chi42069, Jul 30, 2004.

1. chi42069

chi42069 Guest

Apr 23, 2000
    kentucky
    I did a search and nothing came up. Has anyone here tried a U.S. Masters Bass? Musiciansfriend has them for like 650 to 700. They seem to have a lot of good features. Conical neck, graphite reinforced, pao ferro fretboard, and etc.

thanks

chi

2. fourstring44

fourstring44

Jul 22, 2003
    St. Louis
    I have a US Masters ep5. It has a single P-Bass pickup, it does have 3 band EQ which in my opinion makes the bass as versital as all getout. Here are my favorite things about this bass: 35" scale ( a must for a 5 string IMHO) wide string spacing, double asymetrical neck which feels wonderful. This is my only experience with US Masters, but quite honestly I have never had a bass feel better than this one. I would put this up against the MTD 535 I had or any other bass I have had for that matter. The neck is a piece of art. Theese guys really nailed the fit and feel of the neck. It is very lightyweight as well in the 6-7LB range. I bought this bass used off of ebay and it has totally made me a fan of US Masters. This is the only 5 string I have never replaced.

3. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    My brother used to work in a guitar shop, has owned something like 20 guitars over the years, and has been playing for 25 years. His US Masters Strat is the best Strat he's ever laid hands on, including Andersons and other very high end models. It looks and sounds unbelievable.

I've toyed with US Masters basses and been impressed.

But damn is that body style ugly! I don't know if I could get past that, but I think most basses are pretty ugly, even real high end ones.

4. Tristan

Tristan

Jan 28, 2001
    Ottawa, Canada
    i've never played one, but the shape of the body and layout of the controls always looks totally haphazard... like somebody just scrawled a design and then they made it.

5. chi42069

chi42069 Guest

Apr 23, 2000
    kentucky
    Yah these basses seem to be a good deal. The neck is one of the most important parts for me, so its good to hear they put good quality into it.

So, it has a good variety of sounds? Does it fit well with different types of music? Any distinct sounds?

i'm not sure if i'm gonna go with U.S. Masters or a Warwick corvette. The U.S. masters is cheaper though. 700 for a 5 string compared to 1000 for a 5 string corvette.

thanks for the info

chi :bassist:

6. guidum

guidum

Dec 9, 2008
    Mostar
    I have one. I can send some clips if needed

7. bottomzone

bottomzone

Oct 21, 2005
    Sean O'Bryan Smith is sounding really good on his US Masters EP41PJ through his Eden rig:

I've heard great things about US Masters. Now I finally know how they sound-REAL GOOD TO MY EARS!!!

A Groove is a Terrible Thing to Waste! :cool:

8. I just recently acquired a US Masters 54. Feels very nice, BEAUTIFUL. Prettiest bass I've ever seen.

Neck is fantastic, plays very smoothly. I love the feel of the unfinished, very quick. Not sure how the other ones are. Not sure if it's good to buy without trying one.

9. BigFatty

BigFatty

Jul 4, 2014
    I have 10 basses - all high quality - and I love my EP43 the best for the playability. I find that the soap bars really sound great with flat-wounds. I plan to buy a second one to have one with round and one with flat-wound strings. The d shaped neck has allowed my technique to improve in a big way over the last 4 years. last, the large, light (pinched nerve in neck - light is good) flat body helps to hold the bass still while you are trying to play it.