1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD U.S. Masters EP-42 (Early Model made in USA-Stunning!)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Bulky Bass, Mar 27, 2015.

1. Bulky Bass

Bulky Bass

Jan 25, 2008
    Bay Area, Ca.
    Price:
    Strings:
    This is an early low serial # U.S. Masters EP-42

It is an absolutely beautiful bass, a pleasure to play and look at. Made in Wisconsin of the finest materials money can buy, it has that custom shop quality to it. Completely passive, yet the EQ voicing filters give many tonal options found normally on active basses (see last pic for explanation on control layout). I'm a Fender/G&L guy yet I absolutely love this bass.

The neck is silky smooth and super comfortable. Width at nut is 1-5/8" and scale length is 34". I believe the fingerboard wood is purple heart. Weight is a very comfortable 8.6 lbs. The Sperzel locking tuners are really cool too so you spend less time winding.

Comes with original form fitted case with case candy. Has new D'Addario Xls with med/low action. Excellent condition. Has a small amount of tarnish on bridge that is barely noticeable. I've never gigged with it and it stays in its case in a smoke free studio. I hate to see it go but I'm playing less these days and would rather have someone else get more use out of it.

Asking $700 shipped West of the Rockies $725 East.

Attached Files:

2. cubanz

cubanz Supporting Member

Nov 2, 2006
    Wisconsin
    do you know what pickups are in it?

3. Bulky Bass

Bulky Bass

Jan 25, 2008
    Bay Area, Ca.
    I believe they are Kent Armstrong pickups which came standard on all the early models. Really nice sounding pickups that complement the eq controls perfectly.

4. rojo412

rojo412 Sit down, Danny... Supporting Member

Feb 26, 2000
    Cleveland, OH.
    I hear wonderful things about the US Masters stuff and they don't show up for sale very often, which makes them all the more desirable. GLWTS! She's a beauty!

5. Bulky Bass

Bulky Bass

Jan 25, 2008
    Bay Area, Ca.
    Thank you rojo412! She sure is purdy! And she can sing too! :D

6. Bulky Bass

Bulky Bass

Jan 25, 2008
    Bay Area, Ca.
    Friday bump

7. Jhass

Jhass

Dec 21, 2013
    How's the weight balance/neck dive on this? The top horn doesn't appear to quite reach the 12th fret, so I am guessing (just guessing) that it may be a bit neck heavy. Please correct me if I am wrong.

What a cool looking bass!

8. Bulky Bass

Bulky Bass

Jan 25, 2008
    Bay Area, Ca.
    Absolutely no neck dive and perfect balance. Keep
    in mind that the locking tuners are very very lightweight and keep the mass of the headstock very low.

9. Unique looking bass - GLWTS.

10. Bulky Bass

Bulky Bass

Jan 25, 2008
    Bay Area, Ca.
    Sold!

elkkid2 likes this.
  11. Searay

Searay

May 20, 2012
    Drat, missed this one. Congratulations its a beauty