1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

U.S. Peavey Club

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Soundchaser11460, Sep 26, 2007.

Tags:
  1. DavidEdenAria

DavidEdenAria

Dec 13, 2013
    On a Hill
    Hope it sounds good.....

JEDI BASS likes this.
  2. bigtone23

bigtone23

Dec 10, 2014
    Denver, CO
    Why not just put another jack in there? You know, because sometimes you need a back up for those side mount barrel jacks... ;)

JEDI BASS likes this.
  3. tankmonkey

tankmonkey

Apr 28, 2018
    Katy, TX
    My little Peavey collection...

20190406_211322.
    20190412_180257.

The black Foundation S was my first bass guitar from way back in high school. I bought it new in '86 so I could join the jazz band...

The Tl-Five recently got an Audere Pro Z 4 band, which I love. (The stock Dyna pre has some janky pots, so it's safely stashed away for now, until I get brave enough to replace them.)

The Cirrus 6 is the most recent addition - I stumbled across it recently on Reverb for what I thought was a pretty good price ($850 shipped with OHSC), so I jumped on it. (Better to ask the wife for forgiveness later...)

jjk2007, BrentSimons, tindrum and 6 others like this.
  4. sharkwagon

sharkwagon

Aug 13, 2009
    Dallas TX
    Great collection! Makes me miss my fretless Foundation

tankmonkey likes this.
  5. JEDI BASS

JEDI BASS Supporting Member

Jan 26, 2008
    Knoxville, TN
    I especially like the TL and 2 Cirrus basses! My dream Cirrus would have a maple board, like your 6er... preferably birdseye.

tankmonkey likes this.
  6. JEDI BASS

Jan 26, 2008
    Knoxville, TN
    6BC270BC-35A7-4D8E-826C-412C4BBA7B78. Cleaned it up, put the knobs on, made the jack work (I will mount it properly later), worked on some tuners that were wiggling (will fix those properly later, as well), and re-strung it with the Sadowsky set. It sounds so nice! The B sounds and plays very well too, better than some 35” basses I’ve owned.

I tried hard, but I couldn’t resist buying some EMG 40TWs that were listed in the classifieds. They’ll fill up the nasty routes nicely and each pickup is switchable from single to dual coil. In the mean time, it’s playable as is, and I’ll have a blast until I make time to install the 40TWs.

bigtone23, BrentSimons, mech and 2 others like this.
  7. Hundred proof

Hundred proof

Apr 22, 2018
    My long time tech got it setup in one day and it's already been on a gig, great bass everything I hoped for and more, it replaced a P bass.

IMG_1006.JPG

8. dangnewt

dangnewt Veteran Dispenser

Jun 6, 2003
    MetroWest Boston
    Here is my '83 T-40 and my new lighter T-40 made by TB'er buldog5151bass. Same Northern Ash as the bass, but this one only makes one note, but it is a sweet CRAAACK. The marks are from the dimpled rubber balls that the pitching machine was throwing. T-40s.

9. JEDI BASS

Jan 26, 2008
    Knoxville, TN
    My favorite color for a T-45 or T-40!!! Gorgeous!!!

10. Scottpro1969

Scottpro1969

Oct 10, 2005
    Townsend, MA
    Beautiful T-45. I ordered and am waiting on a Curtis Novak BS/DS to drop into mine. I had a Hammond Darkstar in one in the past and it killled!!

JEDI BASS likes this.
  11. Hundred proof

Hundred proof

Apr 22, 2018
    Mine too ... being a Crimson Tide fan it's the perfect color aka the "Bama bass"

JEDI BASS likes this.
  12. Chuck M

Chuck M Supporting Member

May 2, 2000
    San Antonio, Texas
    I am wondering if a TL 5 will fit in the same Peavey hard case as a late model Foundation.

BamaBird likes this.
  13. Dunno -- send it to me I will find out and report back--- eventually----- ;) :)

14. this picture gives me wood :)

dangnewt likes this.
  15. Chuck M

Chuck M Supporting Member

May 2, 2000
    San Antonio, Texas
    Hah. I have the case but not the TL 5.

BamaBird likes this.
  16. CURSES FOILED AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

17. tankmonkey

tankmonkey

Apr 28, 2018
    Katy, TX
    My TL-Five *almost* fits in the "chainsaw" case that came with my Foundation S. The only significant issue is the G string tuner rubs the side of the cutout for the headstock. If the newer case will accommodate one of later model five strings (Foundation 5, Dyna Bass 5, etc.) then it should probably work.

20190414_212930.

FWIW, the TL-Five body shape/size has very similar dimensions/shape to the Foundation S/FL/Dyna Basses I have (although the TL-Five has an arched back and neck-through construction that the Foundations lack, obviously).

Shawn Luckman, Chuck M and JEDI BASS like this.
  18. Mike Whitfield

Mike Whitfield

Apr 10, 2019
    Dang, I have a half a dozen Peavey guitars but no Peavey basses. I need short scale and none of the American-made Peaveys were.

19. JEDI BASS

Jan 26, 2008
    Knoxville, TN
    2B282A02-237D-4C1D-A021-548181A0BD8A. Capo = instant short scale bass! I’ve often wondered why more people don’t do this?

20. Mike Whitfield

Mike Whitfield

Apr 10, 2019
    Personally, the dots would confuse me. Besides, there aren't many gigging or recording players using the Peavey guitars I own - T-15's, T-30, T-27's, Horizon II. (Well, maybe the Horizon, but I ain't giving that one up, it's an amazing instrument.) But Peavey basses are still reasonably popular and effective as gigging and even recording instruments, so if I started collecting those I'd be competing directly with working musicians. I have an old Epi Violin bass which was mo' debinitely a rescue and an Ibanez MiKro which is delightful, and the ChiComms will make as many MiKros as people will buy. Generally speaking, I prefer that T-40 etc. quality of instrument to be gigging rather than sitting in my office - which is getting awfully crowded anyway. Kinda works out better for everyone this way, as I love my MiKro but I'd prefer playing it at home and seeing/hearing a T-40 being played on stage. Although full disclosure I am casually looking for a Peavey Patriot and maybe a Patriot bass, but those were student models and I don't feel like I'm competing with working musicians by buying those. There are lots of cool, collectible guitars and basses which aren't really in demand for working musicians.