1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

U2's FanCam: Clayton's Rig

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by PWV, Jun 8, 2011.

1. PWV

PWV Gold Supporting Member

Oct 28, 2006
    Tacoma
    I thought this was a cool picture concept with all the 3-d tagging you can do, but its a pretty good shot of Adam's Aguilar cabs when you zoom in....

U2 > FanCam

:cool:

2. Kind of cool technology stuff.
    Pretty amazing how they went
    from tiny pub gigs in Ireland, to that.

S

3. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2000
    Chicago
    Kind of scary as it reminds me of a line in the movie Enemy of the State..."Don't look up!!!"

One needs to be careful who they attend a concert with these days...

I enjoyed the U2 Live in 3D video at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. Adam was using Ashdowns and had some monsterous tones!

4. PWV

Oct 28, 2006
    Tacoma
    I was wondering when he switched from Ashdown to Aguilar.... must be working his way through the alphabet. And he probably no longer plays Lakland any more either. He' could be the poster child for us gear-whores!

:bag:

5. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Gee whiz, does he have even one cab that's the same as another? Looks like he went to the Aggie warehouse and picked one of each!

6. Bass Collector

Bass Collector

Aug 14, 2008
    Pretty sure there all DB115 cabs on the bottom and DB410's on the top Jimmy

7. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Really? Maybe it's the way they were angled or shot then...

8. Whats the stuff over the Guitar rig?? rain protect ;-) sound isolation

9. I was thinking the same thing. It looks like the bottoms are 1x15 cabs but the tops are different heights. I don't know what the others are with the big rectangular ports.

10. I thought it might be the awkward '3D' camera type angles??

11. WingKL

WingKL

May 12, 2007
    Now if we could just add voice recognition for the panning and zooming we could go

"Enhance 224 to 176. Enhance, stop. Move in, stop. Pull out, track right, stop. Center in, pull back. Stop. Track 45 right. Stop. Center and stop. Enhance 34 to 36. Pan right and pull back. Stop. Enhance 34 to 46. Pull back. Wait a minute, go right, stop. Enhance 57 to 19. Track 45 left. Stop. Enhance 15 to 23. Give me a hard copy right there."

12. PWV

Oct 28, 2006
    Tacoma
    Here's another shot, different show same rig - looks like the Aggies on top are the same size in this one (the first one in Denver not so much)......but you have to spin camera around to see it:

U2 > FanCam

:cool:

13. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Edge's rig is what's really insane. There's at least 10 different amps up there and they all have mics. Oh well, I'm sure he must have a reason.

14. yeah but whats with the 'cover'??

15. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    can you imagine the db levels coming out of that? of course he has a cover. bono would get pissed.

16. 1n3

1n3

Sep 13, 2007
    USA
    I think the PA and supporting structure is a lot more interesting than the backline.

17. :D The WORLD doesn't want that. Any more than we want Sting Pissed! :bag:

+1 on the Structure- amazing!

18. hellcat83

hellcat83

Nov 20, 2007
    Hi !

I assume the rig on the left is two DB410 on top of two DB115.
    The cabs on the right are not Aguilar ones.
    By the way I own two DB115, they are killer cabs !
    I use them with a Genz Benz Streamliner 900.

19. Zakk007

Zakk007

Jun 27, 2006
    Was speaking to Mark Gooday about U2 the other week, funny thing is apparently he still uses an ABM C410 combo which is under the stage as couldnt get everything he needs from the Aguilar rig, no cameras down there though :-( If I was Mark id be pretty pissed off by this, apparently the Ashdown fliptops were Adams idea too and he takes the 30 watt one everywhere with him.

20. 77PBass

77PBass Banned

Dec 5, 2007
    nyc
    Do you think the tone from Clayton's rig matters at all in this situation? One cab is mic'd and he goes direct and they use in ear monitors.

This is show biz and an advertisement.

BTW...Clayton has one of EVERYTHING. The guy is so rich and manufacturers want him to play their stuff I am sure he gets shipments daily. I have heard stories of his going to Rudy's in NYC and buying stuff from low to high end.

Man...it's good to be the King.