Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

U2's unfinished album is missing.

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by By-Tor, Jul 18, 2004.

1. By-Tor

By-Tor

Apr 13, 2000
    Sacramento, CA
  2. Jazzin'

Jazzin' ...Bluesin' and Funkin'

that can't be good, i hope they recover it and none of it gets spread around the internet.

3. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK

:ninja: why? then i cant listen to it for free :ninja:

4. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    I will buy it anyway. "I don't mean to sound gay or nothing, but U2 is a pretty sweet band."

5. By-Tor

By-Tor

Apr 13, 2000
    Sacramento, CA

I agree. I'm not the biggest U2 fan, but if the material does end up on the internet, I won't listen to it.
    That's two years of hard work from a reputable band.
    If it was stolen, whoever stole it is gonna fry pretty hard if arrested. If a substantial reward is issued, probably won't take long for someone to narc on them.

6. Jazzin'

Jazzin' ...Bluesin' and Funkin'

i support U2 very well: went to 2 of their concerts, own 8 of their albums. but i still download their music off the internet, because its free do to so in canada.

7. Eyescream

Eyescream

Feb 4, 2004
    Knoxville, TN
    Haven't they had some things stolen in the past? I seem to remember something about (Bono, maybe?) losing a briefcase with a bunch of stuff in it.

8. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

Poor U2 , this has hapend to them before. Man this album is a long time in the making. Their comming up on 4 years since their last record. I hope they find it.

9. Squidfinger

Squidfinger I wish I could sing like Rick Danko.

Jan 7, 2004
    Shreveport LA
    U2=grossly overrated

10. Eyescream

Eyescream

Feb 4, 2004
    Knoxville, TN
    I'm not sure that's entirely true. I really enjoyed some of their earlier work (Zooropa and Achtung Baby!, namely).

11. Coutts_is_god

Coutts_is_god Guest

Dec 29, 2003
    Windsor, Ont, Canada

Please :scowl:

12. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    And, who, pray tell, is not grossly overrated?

I dig U2. Solid songwriting, interesting sound, and Adam Clayton is perfect. I think these guys epitomize the dream of forming a rock band; when they met, none of them could even play. Now they are quazillionaires. Go them.