UBB (Unidentified Bromberg Bass) Sighting

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by MOTORHEADBANGER, Nov 10, 2011.

1. MOTORHEADBANGER

MOTORHEADBANGER Spud-boy looking for a real tomato Supporting Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Somewhere in Time
    Alright, G.A.S. has struck again after scanning Talkbass (surprise, surprise) and I have been hunting down a few basses to add to the gang. For my fretless needs, I have a Carvin B24 in mind and I am going along a similar train of thought for a new fretted 4 string. While digging through the endless amount of used bass gear on the web I have come across this particular beauty. It's a Dean B2 Brian Bromberg sig. bass, but like none that I have ever seen before. The regular B2 came in Teal or Amber with active J pickups and gloss finish. This bass has a Satin-y blue finish with soapbar pups, a strange control layout, and many other differences. I contacted Dean with no answer and could not find anything on it. I am definitely purchasing it, but would like to know at least a little backstory.

Here's the pics:
    The Dean B2 Custom:
    CIMG7976.jpg
    CIMG7978.jpg

Now, check out how different the "regular" B2 is:
    [​IMG]
    100_0398.jpg

2. MOTORHEADBANGER

Dec 23, 2008
    Somewhere in Time
    Anyone know anything about these basses?

3. PersonalTraynor

PersonalTraynor

Jan 14, 2011
    Lady parts, Canada
    peaveyTraynor freakazoid...
    My GOD! That blue one is the PERFECT bass design! (IMO).

I absolutely love it! and yes it looks different than the regular production model.
    Grab it as soon as you can!

I would love to build a 5 string version of that bass if I knew how and had the money! lol

4. MOTORHEADBANGER

Dec 23, 2008
    Somewhere in Time
    Just emailed Brian at LowEndBass and I have set all the details for purchasing. This is going to be an interesting buy for sure.

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 25, 2021