Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

UBER CHEAP HEAD. Should I buy it?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by slapnuts, Nov 12, 2005.

1. slapnuts

slapnuts

Aug 9, 2005
    Marietta, GA
    I am in a jam. I need a new head, but can't afford the one that I want. I need this new head quickly, so I just need a quick fix. I found an old SWR Workingman 2004 for 100 bucks. I know I can turn this thing around and sell it for more. It is in working (LOL. No pun intended.) condition. Is it worth it to have for like a week? Besides, I can make 50 bucks on it easy. But seriously though, for $100, any good?

2. If its working, and you need it for a week, and can then sell it for a profit, why not i say

go for it, that way you have an amp for a week and another $50 at the end of it

3. Masher88

Masher88 Believe in absurdities and you commit atrocities

May 7, 2005
    Cleveland, OH
    Yeah, if you know you can make a quick 50 off it when you are done...that's just good business sense!

4. bassman314

bassman314 I seem to be a verb, an evolutionary process... Gold Supporting Member

Mar 13, 2005
    Bay Area, CA
    uhm... duh??

you need the amp now... and you'll come out ahead...

and who knows.. maybe you'll like it!

5. slapnuts

slapnuts

Aug 9, 2005
    Marietta, GA
    I was also just kinda wondering about "features" even though it is a lower end head. And yes, I am gonna get anyways if at least to make the profit.

6. i have a WM's 4004, works just fine for me. i love it to death, and if you're only going to be using it for a week, selling it for profit would be a wise a choice indeed.

7. lowrez

lowrez no.

Nov 27, 2004
    New Englandish
    or keep it as a backup...

8. slapnuts

slapnuts

Aug 9, 2005
    Marietta, GA
    Weeeeeeell, you have a point on the backup. That's kinda how I got myself into this mess, a head in the shop and a practice combo with not enough juice for the gig. That might be a wise choice. But, my other head is just fine for a backup and I am working toward a better head, the new Kustom Groove Bass Head.