1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Uber Metal works well for bass

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by LarryO, Sep 17, 2008.

1. LarryO

LarryO

Apr 4, 2004
    I use a boss odb3 and love it but I always use a second dist/od pedal so that i can add a boost on certain parts of songs or just have a differently eq'd growl.....I used to use a dod 250 od and loved it but didn't like the fact that it didn't have a LED so I replaced it with a EH nano muff.....I liked the sound of this pedal and it had a LED but I felt I was loosing too much bottom end so I tried this pedal and think it is awesome and has great features.

http://line6.com/tonecore/uberMetal.html

2. LarryO

LarryO

Apr 4, 2004
    I'm not looking for another pedal......maybe my post wasnt clear or was misunderstood......I did try a big muff and it was ok but i liked the dod 250 better. What I'm saying is that line 6 pedal sounds great and is worth trying if someone is shopping

3. putting an led into a dod 250 would be easy enough.

4. rratajski

rratajski Commercial User

Jul 1, 2008
    Mount Laurel, NJ
    Builder for FUZZROCIOUS PEDALS
  5. LarryO

LarryO

Apr 4, 2004
    ok lets talk about anything and everything except for the point of this thread...LOL

6. bongomania

bongomania Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    Larry, it might help if the thread title was a little more specific, or if anywhere in the first post it said something like "I'd like to recommend the Line6 Tonecore Ubermetal".

Edit: I see it's fixed now. ;)

7. rratajski

rratajski Commercial User

Jul 1, 2008
    Mount Laurel, NJ
    Builder for FUZZROCIOUS PEDALS
    Yeah, that's why I deleted my original post...I responded first w/ ideas for more distortion/od/fuzz.

LarryO, do you notice any "digitalness" w/ your Line6 Tonecore Ubermetal? My experience in hearing Line6's od/distortion stuff was that it sounded very sterile and digital.

8. LarryO

LarryO

Apr 4, 2004
    It does sound a little "digital" and compressed but what I like about it is the 3 band eq lets you custimze the sound more than the odb3 (only 2 band eq), the scoop can be handy if you actually read what its for; but the model switch and noise gate are the best features. The lowest gain setting (metal) actually sound the least digital, pulverize is a little thicker, the insane setting was too fuzzy and lost definition without readjusting the eq to compensate. The noise gate can be used in different ways too depending on where it is in the pedal board. It does sound more like a guitar, I don't mind this because I use the odb3 for the meatier stuff. I use this pedal for specific parts of songs in conjunction with the odb3 (and other pedals) and/or in parts of songs where I am filling in the gap of not having a rhythm guitar player (we are a 3 piece).