1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Uber-Sexy Skjold 4

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Wilbyman, May 1, 2006.

1. Wilbyman

Wilbyman

Sep 10, 2003
    Parkersburg, WV
    [​IMG]

Not much gets my attenetion these days, but this bad boy is hawt!!!! Somehow it doesn't look like 35" scale, which I know Pete does even on his 4's.

W

2. Juneau

Juneau

Jul 15, 2004
    Dallas, TX.
    The small body disguises the scale length I think :)

3. Wilbyman

Wilbyman

Sep 10, 2003
    Parkersburg, WV
    I know he puts the bridge pretty far back on the body, so that also disguises the scale length. I really dig that aspect of Pete's design...I think a 34" or 33" version would be super playable. 35" on a 4, just not my bag baby! Great looking bass tho.

4. Juneau

Juneau

Jul 15, 2004
    Dallas, TX.
    I doubt you'd even notice :)

5. agreed. hot.

6. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    My fave I've seen to date. I want it! :eek:

7. Wilbyman

Wilbyman

Sep 10, 2003
    Parkersburg, WV
    Don't you have enough already? :scowl: :D :D :D

8. Hollow Man

Hollow Man Supporting Member

Apr 28, 2003
    Springfield, VA
    I just played a Skjold for the first time a couple of weeks ago, and it blew me away. I'm lookin' really hard at his work now. I like the body style in the above picture the most.

9. KJung

KJung Supporting Member

+1 I am intrigued by the 'bolt on single cut' design... the 'whaleback' model. Nice stuff!

10. I love that blue. Couple good looking Laklands hangin around back there too.

11. adrian garcia

adrian garcia In Memoriam

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    Endorsing Artist: Nordy Basses, Schroeder Cabs, Gallien Krueger Amps
    heh, he's ok looking, but i think i am more handsome...

oh, you mean the BASS ???!!!

yeah, nice!!!

:D

12. Thats the "blue jeans" bass --I've played it before.
    IIRC that bass was at Rockin Robin in Houston had for a while. I got to play it a few times during lessons.

Top of my head that bass has "the" slap tone built in, I remember just pulling it off the hanger, plugging it in and soakin in deep tone. I couldn't find a bad setting on the electronics and those custom Skjold p'ups sound amazing. Excellent clarity, and great definition. what I also remember was how playable and fast the neck felt. For a 35" scale it didn't feel like it at all.
    The bass is a total player.
    frank

13. Vic

Vic There's more music in the nuance than the notes. Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Central Illinois
    Staff, Bass Gear Magazine
    You don't. I have a Stage 4 and fairly small hands. No problem at all. Pete has the ergonomics thing DOWN. :)

14. greg

greg

Jun 1, 2004
    Austin,Tx
    I played that bass several months ago in Austin....the description of it was dead in. It deffinetly has "the" slap tone. I didnt even realize that bass was 35". I thought it was 34" up until now.

15. Pete's headstock and body designs are some of my favorite. Especially the singlecut, as seen here:

[​IMG]

16. Vic

Vic There's more music in the nuance than the notes. Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Central Illinois
    Staff, Bass Gear Magazine
    Welcome to the club of "people destroyed by Skjold basses". :D

That body is the standard "92". He also has an offset one, which is what my new Skjold 5 will be. I like them both equally, but already have a standard 92 in a used Skjold I got. I'm not really a big fan of the whaleback (singlecut), but to each their own as always.

17. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    That looks great. These basses are constantly becoming more appealing to me.