1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

UFC 119 Mir vs Cro Cop

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by azfryguy, Sep 23, 2010.

?????????

Poll closed Sep 26, 2010.
  1. You sir are %100 correct

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. I just wanna see the old lions win

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. you might be right in a few fights

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  4. Who cares this is a terrible card anyway

3 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. azfryguy

azfryguy

Feb 2, 2010
    Queen Creek AZ
    Cro Cop via KO R2

Bader via UD R3

Lytle via KO R1

Sherk via UD R3

Stephens via sub R3

What are your guys bets?

2. Personally, I'm looking forward to finding out if Mark Hunt decided to take himself seriously and train, or if he's just here for the payday before he retires.

3. sloasdaylight

sloasdaylight Inactive

Feb 4, 2009
    Tampa, Florida, US
    I can't ever go against Frank Mir.

4. Stu L.

Stu L.

Nov 27, 2001
    Corsicana, Texas
    Funny, I can never go for Mir. The man is great at what he does. But there is just something about him that makes me smile when he gets beat :smug:

5. sloasdaylight

sloasdaylight Inactive

Feb 4, 2009
    Tampa, Florida, US
    I mean that's cool, but if we're putting chips down on the table, I'll never vote against Mir. Cro-cop is great, but my money would be on Mir.

6. Stu L.

Stu L.

Nov 27, 2001
    Corsicana, Texas
    I've not been watching MMA very long. Isn't the concern about Cro-cop is that he's past his prime? I've watched a few of his fights with Fedor, and the man is good. Does he still have it? Am I right in thinking this?

7. In a nutshell: he's getting old. He doesn't have the speed and sheer viciousness that he had in his 20's and early 30's. I'm not sure if he's physically slowing down, or if it's entirely mental. But there have been several instances of him talking about just not having the passion for fighting that he used to.

8. jp58

jp58

Dec 9, 2009
    Tennessee
    Maybe what appears to be a smug, immature fighter who doesn't ever seem to work as hard as his counterparts? Yeah, I think that's why I have a huge dislike for Mir.

I will say this though, I will root for Mir long before I ever root for Lesnar.

9. sloasdaylight

sloasdaylight Inactive

Feb 4, 2009
    Tampa, Florida, US
    I will never, ever, EVER root for Lesnar. Honestly, he could be fighting Satan for dominion of all Man Kind, and I'd start rooting for Satan in my Heat Gear.

10. pacojas

pacojas "FYYA BUN"

Oct 11, 2009
    MEXICANADAMERICA
    i wish Allistair Overeem would sign with the UFC and crush Lesnar!!!

11. Overeem amazes me. He keeps getting better. He's got the speed of someone half his size and the strength of someone 30 pounds heavier. If he's not on 'roids, as so many people like to accuse, then he's a freak of nature and belongs with the top competiton.

This recent highlight reel speaks for itself:

12. I think Cro-Cop has gotten past his recent mental problems. He is having fun fighting again, just watch his last fight for an example. As much as I hate to admit it, I dont think there is anyone out there that can beat Lesner. He is bigger than everyone, faster than everyone, has awesome cardio, I way stronger than everyone else and his wrestling is amazing. I really hate to say it about the guy, but I doubt we will see him loose anytime soon.

lowsound

13. mcapote

mcapote

Sep 9, 2009
    Miami Florida
    I dont see mirko beating mir and I dont see lytle beating serra unless he gets a lucky shot.

14. Stu L.

Stu L.

Nov 27, 2001
    Corsicana, Texas
    The thing I like most about Lesnar is how much of an athlete he is. It's insane to see him move like he does.

Yes, I like Lesnar :bag:

15. Papersen

Papersen

Mar 22, 2002
    Cro Cop for sure.

16. I don't like Lesner as a person, but he is entertaining to watch fight and the man is just a freak. Much like GSP is in 170. The only person that I saw beating Lesner was Carwin, and Lesner took the massive fists of his then almost popped Carwin's head off. Dude is a beast. Still not a fan of his though, but he has earned my respect.

lowsound

17. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    What lousy fight. Just when I was thinking that Lil' Nog and Bader was a boring fight this snoozefest hit.

bc

18. Papersen

Papersen

Mar 22, 2002
    Geez, that was sooo boring.
    They looked like old friends having mutual respect for each other. None of them deserved to win.

19. Well, I said it before the fight and I will stick to it. Cro Cop's career is now officially over.

lowsound

20. azfryguy

azfryguy

Feb 2, 2010
    Queen Creek AZ
    LIL nog won that fight and much like liddel CC sold his soul to the devil to be one of the most devistating strikers in mma and now there contract is up