Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

UFO ..Lights out in London

Discussion in 'Tablature and Notation [BG]' started by mntallpaul, Jan 5, 2006.

1. Hello friends......
    Just learning thsi old classic hard rock song.
    With the distortion pete used , It throws off my old ears. So any one know the notes he played on this track? any help or ideas appreciated. Thanks Paul

2. Trance_9

Trance_9

Jun 12, 2006
    Gas City, IN
    Anone reply to this? I would love the bass lines for that song as well,..Great tune,...Rock On !!

3. somebody please help. love that song.

4. Headroom

Headroom

Apr 5, 2002
    Sorry, I don't have the notation for that classic. But until it comes along, we can enjoy this blast from the past:

5. i know the song, i could toss together a tab and put it up but i wouldnt have time to write the theory on it.

Let me see what i can do tomorrow between school and work. While were on cool UFO songs anyone love to play Shoot shoot? or Doctor doctor?

first 2 songs i ever learned to play on bass, my dad was and still is hugely into UFO i knew the words to every song off no heavy petting by the time i was 8!

6. As a kid (mid 70's), I used to play "Highway Lady" with the right channel turned off the headphones so I could listen to the bass. :bassist:

7. That is a blast from the past! We used to play the absolute livin' hell outta that song "back in the day" - that and "Highway Star", "Day of the Eagle" - all that... man, were those fun!

Verse:
    Pound on F# and E relentlessly (with periodic triplet-ish fill notes)
    Triplet-trot on 8va E
    Pound on F# and E relentlessly

Chorus:
    A (dadadump dadadump - triplets) etc...
    B (see above) A A G
    G (see above, above) A
    B (you get the idea...)

:bassist:

And - I may have forgotten a bridge - but I think that's about it...

Fun song!

8. I actually play this song in my band. :bassist: