UGH! G.A.S. Gets the best of me again!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by petrus61, May 4, 2012.

1. petrus61

petrus61 Supporting Member

Fresh off a semi-recent, big deal purchase of a US 62'RI Precision, I started to get that sinking feeling that I hadn't yet spent enough money supplementing my talent and felt the need to justify a need for a 5 string (again).

I've owned a bunch of 5 'ers. A Spector Legend, G&L L2500 and some random black Ibanez to name a few, but could never justify keeping one in the arsenal. Well, that didn't last long. Like a bad, bad, man...I just spent a good chunk of a $500 bonus on another one. Someone stop me. The money could have been used better but I made myself feel better by swearing my next bonus would be used for more...um...better means or something.

I went and got this:
    http://www.americanmusical.com/Item--i-FEN-0326760-LIST

Didn't (and couldn't) spend a fortune and compared to all the others in it's price range, it seemed the most appealing. Guess I'll have to get over the Squier snobbery? :bag:

2. Mike M.

Mike M.

Feb 14, 2010
    If it works for you, that's all that matters. I played one of those a few months back and was surprised how well it played.

Congrats!

3. Wallace320

Wallace320 Commercial User

Mar 19, 2012
    Milan, Italy
    That one's good.
    I ain't got it yet, and, me too, I'm not that into 5er anymore... But, as no MIM standard Jazz V seems to have met our shores if I'll ever get a 5er again, chances are it's gonna be that one, or 3TS active deluxe (basswood body) I happened to try out one day and appreciated pricewise overall quality/personality.

Good job man!
    Wallace.

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 25, 2021