1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Ugh.. GAS attack.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Whafrodamus, Jan 1, 2004.

1. Whafrodamus

Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    I've been trying to find a good "different" bass to become my #2 man. The other day, I went down to guitar center to look around with my friend. I was leaning towards a Warwick Corvette Standard, but then I looked up at the Stingray shelf, and saw a BEAUTIFUL dark gray stingray with a plain headstock and rosewood fingerboard. What should I go with (and why), the Stingray or the Corvette?

2. I would recommend going with the Corvette. This is because it has more of a woody crunchy tone compared to what you have already.

3. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    I would say the Stingray, being as you have a Ric and they (blow) for slapping/funk, and Stingrays are in their prime whem you take em for a slapping joyride.

4. Whafrodamus

Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    That's why I was considering the Ray over the Vette. The vette is more in between the ray and the ric. I already have a Ric, so why not get the other extreme :p?

5. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Exactly. Ive been GASing for a ray for the longest time, but, im probably not going to own one for 2 years or so. I have more important things i need to buy first. (amp head/cab and a car).