Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ugh.. GAS attack.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Whafrodamus, Jan 1, 2004.

1. Whafrodamus

Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    I've been trying to find a good "different" bass to become my #2 man. The other day, I went down to guitar center to look around with my friend. I was leaning towards a Warwick Corvette Standard, but then I looked up at the Stingray shelf, and saw a BEAUTIFUL dark gray stingray with a plain headstock and rosewood fingerboard. What should I go with (and why), the Stingray or the Corvette?

2. I would recommend going with the Corvette. This is because it has more of a woody crunchy tone compared to what you have already.

3. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    I would say the Stingray, being as you have a Ric and they (blow) for slapping/funk, and Stingrays are in their prime whem you take em for a slapping joyride.

4. Whafrodamus

Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    That's why I was considering the Ray over the Vette. The vette is more in between the ray and the ric. I already have a Ric, so why not get the other extreme :p?

5. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Exactly. Ive been GASing for a ray for the longest time, but, im probably not going to own one for 2 years or so. I have more important things i need to buy first. (amp head/cab and a car).