1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ugh, Homework and essays

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Bett, Mar 9, 2008.

1. Bett

Bett

Jan 27, 2008
    CT
    Who else hates homework? I don't mind most of it unless it's an essay over 3 pages. I just finished my 8 page research paper last week. It wasn't so bad since I had a 6 page draft, so I only had to add in enough to fill up 2 more pages. Now I'm trying to finish a satire I had to write, but the internet's quite distracting. It should be 5 pages, but I only have the 3 from my draft with some editing. I don't know how to write a satire. I was doing mine on the ignorance of American children compared to that of other countries. I can't think of any more to write. Maybe I'll leave it at 3 pages and see what the teacher says.... I already spent most of the past few hours making an 8 slide powerpoint for my science class. I hate presenting so maybe I'll just show it to the teacher. I always procrastinate on projects. Usually it makes me work harder on the last night and then I get my project done. Now I just don't feel like writing satires though. I have a good grade in English. A paper 2 pages too short can't have that much effect.. I hope.
    So, anyone else having homework problems?

2. Stop complaining, its 4:30 am here, and im ironing out the grammer in my 50-page dissertation.

3. Bett

Bett

Jan 27, 2008
    CT
    eegh 50 pages? I don't even wanna think about it. :crying: What's that for?

4. Just finished my 17 page paper on American patriotism....what a dolor. Not because of the topic that was great. But it was my first longer English paper and I realized how bad my English still is.....lot's of work waiting. Thank God I found a guy from the U.K. and he's gonna proofread it.
    Have to start the next paper this week. It's a bit like a torture at the moment.

5. applications of nanotechnology in the life sciences and beyond.

You dont want to think about? Im not wanting to think about printing this mother off (need 4 copies) and getting them bound :(

6. Bett

Bett

Jan 27, 2008
    CT
    I was supposed to edit my satire, but I just had my dad read it over. I was thinking of having someone online edit it, but I never got to that.

Ooh, science. That I wouldn't mind writing about. Maybe not 50 pages though... Can't you mooch of someone else's printer paper? My printer happened to decide not to work the day before my research paper was due, so I brought a disk to school and printed it there. Printers seem to like doing that to me. If no one wants you printing a couple hundred pages on their printer, just go to the library and print off 10 at a time every now and then. There's gotta be super printers somewhere to print multiple pages within a few seconds. No one wants to spend half the day standing around waiting for something to print, right? I hope you don't run into any problems with that. If a printer's ever going to fail on you, it'll be when you need it the most.

7. I just finished a 10 page paper on cultural diversity in the business world and how to effectively manage people with contrasting beliefs.

Ugh. Just cause you can write a ten page paper in a day doesn't mean you should.

8. I'm working on a 10 pager on the Petrology of Pseudotachylytes on the Alpine Fault, South Island, New Zealand...due at noon tomorrow...(10 hrs from now)...and yet here I am...

9. matt bass

matt bass

Apr 28, 2003
    Staffs, England
    Another bass playing geologist, we are a rare breed.

10. peterbright

peterbright

Jan 23, 2007
    On The Bayou
    My PhD dissertation was 150 pages, my masters thesis was 130 pages...get over it.

11. IAmTheDood

IAmTheDood Shake and Bake

Dec 15, 2006
    Waterford, MI
    haha .. i don't remember the last time i wrote a paper.

but technical documentation, functional design specifications, detailed design specifications .. you name it ... i've done it. last one was a 200 page detailed design spec for an application i wrote.

i just went to look at an old word doc i typed up in college, 1996 .. on the Internet and how it will affect today's Businesses.

hahaha.