Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

ugh my aching head

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by IAMERICCOCHRANE, Feb 7, 2004.

1. So yesterday was my 18th and I proceeded in getting thrashed. Now my head is KILLING me! What are the best hangover remedies? I took 3 Ibuprofen and that didn't do anything.

2. First of all, happy birthday!
    Now, eat a nice, greasy cheeseburger with some fries, and drink a lot of water. That's about the best you'll do. Once you've got a hangover, only the passage of time will get rid of it.
    Next time you drink a lot, take a couple of Vitamin B tablets and drink three or four big glasses of water before you go to sleep.

3. Take some pain killers and sleep it off.

4. Davehenning

Davehenning

Aug 9, 2001
    Los Angeles
    Happy 18th!

drink lots of water. and have a big meal.

dehydration is one of the key aspects of a hangover.

for the future: before you go to bed after you have been drinking, drink several glasses of water and take some aspirin. I find this works great.

also: only for emergencies: "Hair of the Dog."

5. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Happy birthday, let me seventh(?) the water suggestion.

6. I guess the Ibuprofen kicked in because my headaches gone, but I still have general fatigue, Nothing a little sleep can't fix. Thanks for the help guys.

7. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Water man.

Ive only had one hangover and I think its because I didnt do my usual routine of drinking obscene amounts of water before I went to sleep.

Flush that bad feeling out of your system.

Peace
    Nick

EDIT: HAPPY 18TH!

8. I wanna get trashed on my birthday. :meh:

Good times

9. Nick Gann

Nick Gann Talkbass' Tubist in Residence

Mar 24, 2002
    Silver Spring, MD
    Let me know when it is so I can come so I can laugh at you when you are so screwed up you can barely walk, talk, or think straight.

10. Tim Cole

Tim Cole

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    A search engine would have told you anything you would of needed to know, but at least you got to announce it here.

Congrats

11. Erlendur Már

Erlendur Már

May 24, 2000
    Congrats Eric. I haven't had a hangover for about 2 months.

12. Does that chaser junk on TV really work?

I wouldn't know, but I am curious to it's anti-hangover-esque abilities.

13. mikemulcahy

mikemulcahy

Jun 13, 2000
    The Abyss
    OOOOOh the dreaded 18th B-day hangover. Congrats on that. We used to go to the ER and the nurses would hook us up with a couple liters if saline, a B12 shot and oxygen. Couple ouf hours later, back in the mix.

Let me give you the best advice I can....drunk guys rarely get laid. Nurse the same couple of brews all night...stay sober., BOOYAAAAA!!!!!

Mike

14. Tsal

Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    For some reason, drinking some orange juice before going to sleep and when you wake up seems to help some.

I've heard rumours that because of the acids in the stomach, small portion of the alcohol would get binded in some other form, and the orange juice would help to dissolve it, but I've forgot my biochem lessons long time ago so it's hard to say.

15. Nick Gann

Nick Gann Talkbass' Tubist in Residence

Mar 24, 2002
    Silver Spring, MD
    I don't know if that is true or not. It seems as thought most of the alcohol would be in your blood at that time. Things are only in your stomach for a half hour or so, maybe a little more. By the time you're drunk, it is in your blood and affecting your brain; it is no longer in your stomach. I thinking that drinking the juice goes back to the dehydration problem; it helps because it puts some fluids back into your system.

16. yoshi

yoshi

Jul 12, 2002
    England, London
    EDIT: (I didnt realise quick reply didnt quote) Replying to the 'use google..you got to announce it post' I was thinking the same ;)

..just lately, I've started to become a right post-nazi...

Happy bday by the way!

17. DirtDog

DirtDog

Jun 7, 2002
    The Deep North
    aka ALCOSORB - my favorite type of breakfast!

Another tried and true method for me: lots of water and a handful of Advil before crashing. Wake up and scarf down a load of cold cabbage rolls and ice cream and then go on a 3 hour mountain bike ride - you'll be right as rain by lunch time.

DD