ugh. My D'addario flats... :-(

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by Jake-icus, Nov 10, 2004.

1. ok.. I just got done defretting my bass, so I went and got some D'addario flats at geeeeeee-tar center (only flats they had) and after I strung up my bass, the A string.. um... came apart. the wrap seperated from the core :confused: , which led to a very crappy swishy sound for about two seconds whenever I tried playing on my A-string. I'm very disappointed in these strings... :crying:
  2. Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    I have had very good luck with Fenders. I really haven't tried any others that I know of...
  3. Squidfinger

Squidfinger I wish I could sing like Rick Danko.

Jan 7, 2004
    Shreveport LA
    Oi! I hope the set of Chromes I got on the way right now do OK. How do the other strings sound? You should try to get a refund/exchange from GC.

EDIT: Are you using string thru body?
  4. Joe P

Joe P

Jul 15, 2004
    Milwaukee, WI
    I dunno.. Just recently I was talking with my wife - she used to run a music store and play bass professionally (twenty years ago) - telling her that I want to try flats, and she said "just be careful! If you don't cut those flats a certain way, they'll unwind on you!". Sorry, but I didn't ask her what that 'certain way' is!

5. RevGroove

RevGroove Commercial User

Jul 21, 2002
    Burlington ON Canada
    Manager, Account Services: Long & McQuade Ltd. (Burlington); MTD Kingston Basses International Emerging Artist; Bartolini Electronics Emerging Artist
    I haven't had any problems with my, but I'm thinking of changing over to Labella flats, which a friend uses, as well as their nickel wound strings as SloWounds have been discontinued and they don't seem to be replacing them as they did the Prisms with the Pro Steels.