1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

UGH. Nickelback.

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by kevoh, Apr 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kevoh

kevoh

Mar 16, 2009
    Chicagoland area
    ok so i thought i should share this funny story. so a few weeks ago i went to a blackhawks game with a few buddies. The game was going well and all, but during a time out, over the mains in the entire stadium the announcer said, "Ladies and gentlemen, the United Center (where the hawks play) would like to welcome Nickelback!" This was followed by live video of chad kroeger's ugly mug somewhere in a skybox in the stadium on the jumbo trons. Almost immediately, the entire stadium ROARED with boo's. haha...just another reason why hockey and it's fans are awesome.

2. Psychicpet

Psychicpet Guest

Mar 13, 2004
    Friend and Endorsee of Larry
    that is a funny story... people actually go to Blackhawks games :eyebrow:

3. fokof

fokof One day ,I'll be in the future

Mar 16, 2007
    Here
    Nickelback = auto-tune festival:spit:

They are not the only ones but , so obvious !

4. RONQUITO

RONQUITO

Dec 27, 2007
    I didn´t know that Nickelback was so hated...they´re not my cup o´tea but geez

5. dean owens

dean owens

Sep 23, 2008
    pittsboro, nc
    i really don't get the hatred of this band. some of there stuff is ok. i don't own any of there stuff. but their guys playing music for a living and having fun. i don't get it.

6. MazeMouse

MazeMouse

Jan 27, 2005
    Netherlands
    Basic jealousy I would say.
    Sure there are "better" bands out there but whatever.

7. jaywa

jaywa

May 5, 2008
    Iowa City, IA
    Three Doors Down, same deal. Not much going on there musically, but we cover "Kryptonite" in my band and it packs the floor every night.

So, whatever, I guess.

8. Psychicpet

Psychicpet Guest

Mar 13, 2004
    no doubt the recordings have melodyne happening but you ever hear them live?? Chad live don't need auto tune... so I'm calling ******** on that comment

:smug:

... hater :spit:

9. Ashdharma

Ashdharma

Mar 26, 2009
    Northwest IN
    Nice!
    I love it when something/someone is presented as being liked by the majority of a crowd only to receive BOOS!
    Remember when Ashley Simpson got BOOO-ed at the Orange Bowl or whatever it was. That too was great!

To me, it shows that at least some people are not happy being force fed the same garbage over and over again!

10. mrbass02

mrbass02

Nov 15, 2008
    indy
    i actually like them

11. I make fun of nickelback, but i sometimes wonder what it would be like if they just showed up to one of our small teen center type gigs... he'd probably rock faces off.

they still suck!!! :bassist: :bawl:

12. Johnny V

Johnny V

Dec 7, 2008
    I'm sorry to hear that.

13. fretlesswonder

fretlesswonder Supporting Member

Jul 26, 2006
    New Jersey
    I saw them a few weeks back, they were good, I guess to each their own.

14. Psychicpet

Psychicpet Guest

Mar 13, 2004
    I just love all of the Nickelback flame wars on here :smug:

all the a**hats come out and complain about being "force fed" and reference "no talent" and "they suck" and blah blah blah

ahh, good fun.

:p

.... but at least they don't suck as much as Disturbed and Weather Report

:bag:

:p

15. BillyRay

BillyRay Supporting Member

Jan 20, 2008
    Quebec
    Deleted because I have a poopy mouth and got carried away.

16. jaywa

jaywa

May 5, 2008
    Iowa City, IA
    No kidding. And people thought Journey, Foreigner etc. were "formula". This garbage today is 10 times worse, and sounds worse too thanks to being compressed to a millimeter of its life.

17. Psychicpet

Psychicpet Guest

Mar 13, 2004
    I know, those ****** formulas.

cheese and rice, we would be so much better off with ORIGINAL music and not this formulaic ****.

we should round up all the II-V and I-VI-II-V wankers like Miles, Coltrane, Bird and burn the recordings 'cause that "pop" music is so formulaic and worthless. then we can move on to that stupid **** JS Bach, we was such a formula manipulator that he actually embedded numeric codes in to his pieces of crap compositions.

******* pop music mongers.

:spit:

:D

18. Not gonna argue with anyone re the musical relevance of Nickelback (I'm not offended or threatened by it, any more than I am by say Britney Spears, Chumbawumba, or NWA), I don't care for it, but to each their own - I've even played a few of their tunes in cover bands (hey, I have no shame - "ho fo da do" ;) ).

However, THIS statement, and singling out Santana, I will comment on.

When YOU, big mouth, have the pedigree that musician does, then you may point fingers. Until then, I recommend you ST*U and work on being able to actually play something relevant.

19. I like Nickelback.
    Chad Kroeger is a pretty horse.

20. Absentia

Absentia

Feb 25, 2009
    People say NickelBack is this generations led zepplin or AC/DC....

Really they suck hard and should be put to sleep.
    Oh and the song they wrote for Dimebag made me want to puke.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.