1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Ugh...Spector GAS...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Tash, Sep 23, 2005.

1. Tash

Tash

Feb 13, 2005
    Bel Air Maryland
    There should be a rule: when trying out amps in a store, don't use a Spector unless you already have several at home!

I just can't get the Euro 4 I used to test drive my Mesa out of my head! It was so smooth and comfortable and spectory!

So should I go back and try to make a deal on it? This was a Euro 4 neck thru with EMG P/J and tonepump preamp. Price was $850 IIRC with a gigbag. It looked to be in great shape except for one of the preamp knobs being missing. The pot still worked fine though.

What do you think? Good deal or should I look elsewhere?

2. jdThumpin'

jdThumpin'

Aug 16, 2005
    Ottawa
    spector is one of those after u played, u're doomed! it's not so expensive yet it's not that cheap.

I was going to buy a spector until i see this roscoe. i also happen to tried a 5 string the same day and there is no way back :crying:

3. Mystic Michael

Mystic Michael Hip No Ties

Apr 1, 2004
    New York, NY
    Ooh, GAS. 'Tis an insidious thing... :eek:

MM

4. cetera

cetera

Apr 29, 2004
    Surrey, England
    Endorsing Artist: Spector Basses & Cort Basses
    I completely understand! :smug:

If I was you I would look around for the best deal on the model you tried.... you could do better pricewise & it would be mint and in your choice of colour :)