Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ugh...Spector GAS...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Tash, Sep 23, 2005.

1. Tash

Tash

Feb 13, 2005
    Bel Air Maryland
    There should be a rule: when trying out amps in a store, don't use a Spector unless you already have several at home!

I just can't get the Euro 4 I used to test drive my Mesa out of my head! It was so smooth and comfortable and spectory!

So should I go back and try to make a deal on it? This was a Euro 4 neck thru with EMG P/J and tonepump preamp. Price was $850 IIRC with a gigbag. It looked to be in great shape except for one of the preamp knobs being missing. The pot still worked fine though.

What do you think? Good deal or should I look elsewhere?

2. jdThumpin'

jdThumpin'

Aug 16, 2005
    Ottawa
    spector is one of those after u played, u're doomed! it's not so expensive yet it's not that cheap.

I was going to buy a spector until i see this roscoe. i also happen to tried a 5 string the same day and there is no way back :crying:

3. Mystic Michael

Mystic Michael Hip No Ties

Apr 1, 2004
    New York, NY
    Ooh, GAS. 'Tis an insidious thing... :eek:

MM

4. cetera

cetera

Apr 29, 2004
    Surrey, England
    Endorsing Artist: Spector Basses & Cort Basses
    I completely understand! :smug:

If I was you I would look around for the best deal on the model you tried.... you could do better pricewise & it would be mint and in your choice of colour :)