1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

ugh...yet another fake Carl Thompson....

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by el_mariachi, Feb 22, 2008.

1. el_mariachi

el_mariachi

Mar 4, 2005
    Denver, CO
    http://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/msg/582897012.html
    I already flagged it so it may go down soon. but I emailed the guy selling it and told him that it was clearly a fake. his response? "OH? It looks like everything on the website. You've not seen it in person." what BS.....

2. Baird6869

Baird6869 RIP Gord Downey. A True Canadian Icon.

At least he isn't trying to get $8,000 for it! It is likely a good bass for the price even if it is a fake (which it is)

3. el_mariachi

el_mariachi

Mar 4, 2005
    Denver, CO
    I just think its funny how he brazenly says how it "looks like everything on the website." I can't help but laugh. I'd email him back and call out all the facts of how its a fake, but I don't feel like getting in a pissing match.

4. neptoon

neptoon Supporting Member

Jul 25, 2000
    Cape Canaveral, FL
    oh no...that's a trainwreck

5. Strange, I think it's the same guy who posted the last one. They were both located in Ukrainian Village.

6. iamthebassman

iamthebassman

Feb 24, 2004
    Austin,Texas
    Endorsing Artist: Phantom Guitars, Eastwood Guitars
    I'd ask him why he doesn't just lower the action and then he wouldn't need to mention it in his ad. That thing is even uglier than the real thing(IMO).

7. TrevorOfDoom

TrevorOfDoom Supporting Member

Jun 17, 2007
    Austin, TX
    just for fun, why don't you list all the reason's it's a fake? i have no idea what i'm looking for...

8. cdef

cdef

Jul 18, 2003
    "At this price it's a steal." LOL, yes, for $275 it could indeed be called that, if only it were genuine.

9. Marcury

Marcury High and Low

Aug 19, 2007
    Mid Hudson Valley, NY
    Yikes!!! Let me say that again; Yikes!!! What a POS.

10. what coins you in on its fakeness?

11. Marcury

Marcury High and Low

Aug 19, 2007
    Mid Hudson Valley, NY
    Just look at the CT website to answer that question. While the upper horn is copied from Carl's style nothing else is remotely close.

12. JAUQO III-X

JAUQO III-X Banned

Jan 4, 2002
    CHICAGO,IL.
    Endorsing artist:see profile.
  13. Marcury

Marcury High and Low

Aug 19, 2007
    Mid Hudson Valley, NY
    I thought it looked familiar. Now I remember.